forum

The Coin Game - Season 12 Registration Phase (Postponed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rilene
Season 1 to 5 can be viewed here and season 6 to 10 can be viewed here.
The birth of this game is from here, season unknown.

THE COIN GAME
Season 12 - Registration Phase
GMT +7 // 23:00 December 12, 2016 to 21:00 December 19, 2016
Time is 24 hour based.

SPREADSHEET LINK

Main Rules
- Players start with 100 coins.
- To spend coins, players must spend their coins by private messaging me titled "Coin Game" or related.
- Players should spend at least 3 coins higher above the 2nd least spender, this applies to 2nd least spender themselves as well.
- Players will be eliminated if you don't have enough coins for required spending amount or is the least spender of the round.
- Players will receive their coin back if they're the 2nd least spender of the round, equivalent as not spending.
- If tied, all tied players are affected, there can be multiple 1st least spender or multiple 2nd least spender.
- 1st least spender takes more priority than 2nd least spender, if there is 3 players who spend 23 and 1 players who spend 25, those 3 players who spend 23 coins will be eliminated.
- Final round starts when there is 3 players remaining, after than then the player with highest coins remaining among the 2 players wins.
- If you're forced to spend and next round, you still should spend at least 3 above the 2nd least spender.

Submission Rules
- One round will last at least 24 hours which should be enough for spending assuming you should check the forum once a day, if there is some issue then the round may extend up to 48 hours.
- If you spent but was told to respend and didn't do as said, you will be force spent by your minimal amount, depending on your position.
- If you forgot to spend your coins after the announcement as passed, you will be forced to spend 1/4 of highest spender of the round as well as receiving 1 strike.
- You can still spend if the specified time has passed in the previous announcement and there hasn't been a new announcement yet.
- If you received 3 strikes, you will be forced to spend first (1/4 of highest spender of the round) then you will be eliminated right after.

ETC Rules
- Round may end faster if every players spent their coins, along with longer duration for the next round.
- Teaming is allowed but you take risk of being eliminated together or betrayed.
- Posting your coins spent publicly in the thread will result in being eliminated.

tl;dr version
- PM me to spend your coins.
- Every players must spend 3 coins above 2nd least spender does, if they can't spend the required amount then they are eliminated.
- Forget to spend within the required time will force you to spend 1/4 of highest amount.
- Get 3 strikes and you are eliminated.
- Spend the 1st least, you are eliminated.
- Spend the 2nd least, you get your coins back.
- Tie then you and they get the same effect with them.
- Players with highest amount of coins from 2 remaining players win.

Winners per Season
Season 11: levesterz

Honorable Mentions
Season 11: lol manage to get 2nd position, despite being the most spender twice.

Positions per Season

--------------------------------------------------

Season 12
Registered Players
Requires at least 5 players to start and 20 maximum players.
Topic Starter
Rilene
Just reviving the game and continue the tradition.
48 hours remaining for registration phase and now revamped the ruleset.
EneT

Rilene wrote:

- Player will receive their coin back if they're the 2nd most spender of the round, equivalent as not spending.
- If tied, all tied players are affected, there can be multiple least spender or multiple 2nd most spender.

- Spend the 2nd most, you get your coins back.
Correct this as it's supposed to be 2nd least.
e.g. 4 people submit coins
person A submits 22
person B submits 24
person C submits 30
person D submits 27
person A is eliminated as he submitted the least and person B receives their coins back for being the 2nd least

Rilene wrote:

- Every players must spend 3 coins above they do in previous round, except for top spender who can spend 5 coins below they do in previous round.
This rule too is a really poor rule as it makes it really easy for people to predict how many coins people will submit the next round. Just make it so people have to submit 3 coins more than the previous round's 2nd lowest submitted.
lol
sign me byelene
Topic Starter
Rilene

EneT wrote:

Rilene wrote:

- Player will receive their coin back if they're the 2nd most spender of the round, equivalent as not spending.
- If tied, all tied players are affected, there can be multiple least spender or multiple 2nd most spender.

- Spend the 2nd most, you get your coins back.
Correct this as it's supposed to be 2nd least.
e.g. 4 people submit coins
person A submits 22
person B submits 24
person C submits 30
person D submits 27
person A is eliminated as he submitted the least and person B receives their coins back for being the 2nd least

Rilene wrote:

- Every players must spend 3 coins above they do in previous round, except for top spender who can spend 5 coins below they do in previous round.
This rule too is a really poor rule as it makes it really easy for people to predict how many coins people will submit the next round. Just make it so people have to submit 3 coins more than the previous round's 2nd lowest submitted.
Oh, I guess I read the rule wrong for the whole time.
And about 2nd one, it was a fix to the 2nd and 1st most spender predictions but will fix it now.

And added 'lol' to the game :)
Topic Starter
Rilene
Bump, still need players.
Zain Sugieres
I'll read the rules later but sign me up
Topic Starter
Rilene
Added and don't forget to check the tl;dr rule version, pretty much a simplified version of it.
Topic Starter
Rilene
Eh, bump again.
Need at least 3 more players to start.
[Lunatic Elf]
Hi!

Not Enter :<
Topic Starter
Rilene

[Lunatic Elf] wrote:

Hi!

Not Enter :<
Well, you disappointed me.
abraker
sign me up.

I have no idea what I'm doing lel
[Lunatic Elf]
sorry :l

Enter! :>
Topic Starter
Rilene
Ok, added. :)
Topic Starter
Rilene
Erm, still need more players.
levesterz
Sing me up ( checking the rule in short while)
EneT

Rilene wrote:

Would appreciate if anyone links the thread from season 1 to 5.
t/87054 is the origin.
Seasons II to IV is sprawled out somewhere and we're not even sure if we had that many games because we just sort of guessed we were on V.
t/346458 is season V.
Topic Starter
Rilene
Ok, guess will add that to the main post soon, thanks a lot.
Still needing more players. :)
lol
if only chaee would be unbanned already
Topic Starter
Rilene
Only if but i thought she would be unbanned at the same time

20 minutes left :C
show more