forum

[Archived] Can't play multiplayer! Bancho keeps disconnecting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xQueeen
Hi. I really need help. I've been searching forum to forum on how to fix this problem and I still can't. Every time that I go on multiplayer, I am only able to be on it for about a minute and then it kicks me off, saying, "Multiplayer will not work unless Bancho is connected!" At first, I wasn't sure if I needed to download Bancho but apparently it works if you're connected to the internet. However I am connected to the internet. My scores on solo always save when I play, and the chat always shows up, but I'm just not able to get on multiplayer.

Things I've tried:
Updating Osu
Opening TCP ports 13381, 80, and 13382
Logging out and logging back in
Turned off firewall, both private and public connections

I'm not sure what else I could do. My computer is an HP laptop and I usually don't have any problems with Osu. If anyone can help me it'd be appreciated greatly.
o x
What build are you using? Also try repairing osu!

In the wise words of Kao
Here are steps you can do to repair osu!
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, click on the "Repair osu!" option
Method 2: Shortcut
If you have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, opening that also works.

Method 3: Config Shortcut
If you don't have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, you can create one instead.
  1. Right click osu!.exe > Create a shortcut
  2. Open properties of the shortcut
    1. Select then Alt + Enter or
    2. Right click > Properties
  3. Set Target to ...\osu!.exe -config
  4. Press OK then open the shortcut
Method 4: Text document
You can also force the updater to run by creating a new text document in your osu! folder called "help". Right-click in an empty space in your osu! folder, and choose New > Text Document.
Name it help and then run osu! to start the updater in forced maintenance mode.
Upskirt
What version of windows are you on?

Is your account correctly and completely verified? There would be an email sent to you if you have to re-verify at any time.

Windows can sometimes push updates through their pipeline for additional devices on your system especially if it's an OEM machine i.e. HP and Dell. It may have installed an update that is conflicting with your network adapter/wifi. This issue would be isolated to your system only, not your modem/router.
Topic Starter
xQueeen

Venzire wrote:

What version of windows are you on?

Is your account correctly and completely verified? There would be an email sent to you if you have to re-verify at any time.

Windows can sometimes push updates through their pipeline for additional devices on your system especially if it's an OEM machine i.e. HP and Dell. It may have installed an update that is conflicting with your network adapter/wifi. This issue would be isolated to your system only, not your modem/router.
I'm using a 64-bit version of Windows. Sometimes when I friend people it asks me to re-verify my account and it sends me an email with a verification code, but for now I think it is completely verified. Do you know if there is a way I can find out if there if anything conflicting with my connection to Osu? For instance if there was a way it could show me if anything is stopping the connection from working or if there is a way I can know if something is wrong.
Topic Starter
xQueeen

Cawub wrote:

What build are you using? Also try repairing osu!

In the wise words of Kao
Here are steps you can do to repair osu!
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, click on the "Repair osu!" option
Method 2: Shortcut
If you have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, opening that also works.

Method 3: Config Shortcut
If you don't have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, you can create one instead.
  1. Right click osu!.exe > Create a shortcut
  2. Open properties of the shortcut
    1. Select then Alt + Enter or
    2. Right click > Properties
  3. Set Target to ...\osu!.exe -config
  4. Press OK then open the shortcut
Method 4: Text document
You can also force the updater to run by creating a new text document in your osu! folder called "help". Right-click in an empty space in your osu! folder, and choose New > Text Document.
Name it help and then run osu! to start the updater in forced maintenance mode.

I used method 1, and I wanted to know if it would help to use all methods or if they all just do the same thing. I repaired it, and it actually upgraded to two minutes before it kicks me off. It definitely fixed something, but I need to fix it all the way. Is there anything else I can do? Also, what do you mean by build?
o x
The build is the Release Stream: there are Stable (Fallback), Stable (Latest), Beta, and Cutting Edge.

Each method that I have given you does the same thing. So did the repair complete? Or did it stop and give you an error?
Topic Starter
xQueeen

Cawub wrote:

The build is the Release Stream: there are Stable (Fallback), Stable (Latest), Beta, and Cutting Edge.

Each method that I have given you does the same thing. So did the repair complete? Or did it stop and give you an error?

The repair completed and told me Osu was up to date. Could you please tell me how to find out what build I have?
o x
Is your issue fixed? Does Bancho keep disconnecting you still?

To tell what build you have just open up Options and it will be shown right here:
Topic Starter
xQueeen

Cawub wrote:

Is your issue fixed? Does Bancho keep disconnecting you still?

To tell what build you have just open up Options and it will be shown right here:

It's doing better but disconnects me still, maybe after five minutes or so. My release stream says it is Stable (Latest).
o x
Are you sure this just isn't a connection issue? Make sure you aren't logged in on any other computers and make sure that no one else is on your account.
Topic Starter
xQueeen

Cawub wrote:

Are you sure this just isn't a connection issue? Make sure you aren't logged in on any other computers and make sure that no one else is on your account.
No, this is the only computer I use Osu on. And I also don't think anyone else is on my account. Will changing the release stream on my account change anything?
P.S: You've been a super big help! Thanks a lot! You definitely made it work better than it did before :D
o x
Try changing the release stream to Cutting edge. It might do something.

I'm glad I could help! Just trying to help out as best I can.
Kao
Have you tried troubleshooting your internet in Windows?
Right click on the internet icon on the bottom left of the screen and find "Troubleshoot problems"
Then after troubleshooting, I suggest in restarting your router by unplugging it and waiting for 5 minutes before turning it on again

Should fix it if it was conflicting IPs

Other than that, I can only think of viruses or malware can cause this. Try scanning your computer first for viruses
o x
Troubleshooting doesn't hurt but generally it only detects problems when your internet is limited or not connecting to the internet properly. Resetting your router sounds like a good idea as well.
Upskirt
Is the issue completely fixed?
Topic Starter
xQueeen

Venzire wrote:

Is the issue completely fixed?

It is not completely fixed but it works a lot better than it did. It may be just my computer or internet in general but all of these tips helped a lot.
Thank you everyone! <3
Kao
Have you tried scanning your computer for viruses?
Upskirt
If it happens frequently still, then please do reply to this same thread.
AnotherNovia
jadi kumaha bancho teh? :(