forum

[Archived] Enable Preset commands for Fn Keys to work ingame.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anecyal
I am on a mac, and I would like my Preset Fn keys to work ingame. Such keys are brightness and stuf. The Volume Keys work fine but others do not. Is there a way to enable other preset function keys to work ingame? Is there something in Winetricks to add?

Thanks

osu! version: 20161101.1beta
Sandy Hoey
This is not something that belongs here. As far as I can tell, you have written a feature request and therefore sholud be posted in the appropriate subform.
Kao
This isn't a feature request, he wants his brightness shortcut key to work correctly in osu!
I'm pretty sure you don't need to press fn in order to use the keys. Just press the increase brightness key.
Other than that, make sure there aren't keys that are binded the same as the keys
Sandy Hoey

Anecyal wrote:

I am on a mac, and I would like my Preset Fn keys to work ingame.
Maybe that's just how I interpreted it. Oh well
Topic Starter
Anecyal
Sorry if my question wasn't clear, but I want the F1 to F12 keys be able to function ingame. On a mac these keys are paired to brightness controls and other stuff. For now only the Volume keys are working, but i am wondering why the others aren't? I have checked my settings and none other keys are binded.
Kao
Try setting osu! In windowed mode and try again.
Does this do anything?
JSE
Have you tried holding down fn before using the function keys?

Edit: I expect this is the issue you're having? If it is and you go head and do what's linked there, backup any configs you have because I honestly don't know if that's a modern solution now or not.