forum

Option for disable SB & disable grayscale colors in MP [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
S1lent
Hello,

1st; I don't know if this one was already suggested, but I'd like to suggest a option to disable storyboard, just like the "No-video"option. Maps like IOSYS - The Lovely, Freezing, Tomboyish Bath, Cirno's Hot Spring have a beautifull storyboard, but it's so distracting it makes playing such maps very hard. Maybe I'm just being spoiled, but I'm sure there are more people out there with the same problem.

2nd suggestion; since I'm not such a good player, I mostly fail in multiplayer. But as everyone here knows already, the cirkels and slider turn gray when losing the game. Can't you make a option to disable this gray function? Without colors it's even more hard to recognise the correct order. This makes playing multiplayer, without the "no-fail"mod (which ruins your score) for some people much more less attractive to play. I'm just saying.

I hope more people will support me in these 2 request?
Shiirn
1: move all of the SB elements to a different folder for right now. When osz2 comes out, this may or may not be a toggle, THERE WAS A BUNCH OF DRAMA ABOUT IT don't ask

2: I don't see why. If you're failing anyway.... even so, using "no-fail" in multiplayer is a hell-no since it'll let you submit the score afterwards, and multi already has a play-after-failing function (which is more effective because it DOESN'T submit failed scores.
Topic Starter
S1lent

Shiirn wrote:

1: move all of the SB elements to a different folder for right now. When osz2 comes out, this may or may not be a toggle, THERE WAS A BUNCH OF DRAMA ABOUT IT don't ask

2: I don't see why. If you're failing anyway.... even so, using "no-fail" in multiplayer is a hell-no since it'll let you submit the score afterwards, and multi already has a play-after-failing function (which is more effective because it DOESN'T submit failed scores.
`
Hmm thought already about moving the SB files somewhere else, but I haven't tried so since I thought it would trigger the "update beatmap" warning.

2; its about the colors. Since no-fail is a no-way, you have to reside to the normal way how things work, but if you fail when playing, but still want to try to finish the map, and try to get a high score, i.e., cus everyone else failed too, and still want to compete to someone else, you still cant get a high score cus you can barely see where you have to click cus every hitcirkel is gray. Got it? ;) There are plenty maps out there where you can get a high score, but fail with only 1 or 2 mistakes. In such cases people still want to try to get the highest score they can get without submitting it, but just for the lulz of beating someone with it.

Same with non-ranked maps. People still play them without their scores being submitted. Are those cirkels and sliders gray? No. Just playing them for the lulz.
Soaprman
Storyboard toggle has been discussed extensively. Just let it be and we'll see what happens.

I wouldn't mind the other idea about the circles not graying out on failure in multiplayer, but I am quite sure it's been shot down once or twice already.
blissfulyoshi
I am just going to deny this because 1 has been denied way too often (check the most priority starred request for a solution) and I recall the second request getting shot down before.

If you are wondering how to read a map when the notes are all gray, use the approach circle. Most pro players can't depend on combo color because the notes are coming too fast (not to mention that combo hacking is used quite often now).
Hernan
OzzyOzrock
I recall seeing a thread about the color thing, but the idea suggested only slightly darkening the colors.

EDIT: DOUBLE NINJA'D