forum

Suggestion: Unlockable Beatmaps [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SC_coolguy44
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I think it would be a pretty fun idea to implement. :)
akrolsmir
The first thing I thought of when I saw the title was about locking and unlocking a thread... But I think you're referring to, for instance, completing a challenge to move on to the next stage? Kinda like a quest in an RPG or something?

This could be an interesting idea as another way to play osu!, but I think that these unlockable beatmaps should not be in the ranked category. Also, to have unlockable beatmaps you need the ability to lock beatmaps in the first place, a functionality I don't think osu! has right now.

Going through a chain of maps progressing in difficulty that you have to, i don't know, pass/get an A or higher/ FC to move on would be an cool feature, esp. if there would be an achievement at the end or something.
those
It could be possible;

Make the song available only through the client (that is, it doesn't actually get downloaded and stored on your computer). Progressive songs are available in the same fashion.
Kitsunemimi
Been requested, denied before (sort of). We're not going to make things inaccessible to certain players of osu! just for the "challenge". Plus, we'd have to pick WHO's maps have to be locked, and that would be unfair to every other mapper in the universe.
James2250
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44129

Derekku wrote:

A "free" event mode, "unlockable" event mode, and maps specific for an event mode are all things planned and have mentioned in other threads. :s
Basically stuff like unlocking beatmaps has been discussed before and will hopefully be available at some point in the future