forum

[resolved] playing online and hiding status?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Asymmetry_
I could have sworn that when i was on my mobile device and i would log onto osu, that sometimes it would bring me to a separate log in page, like if i clicked forgot password by accident or something, and then seeing a button that said "hide my online status this time". When i tried it on my computer today it didn't show up, it only showed an option to reset my password or something, and i tried clicking make a new account in case it was there but then all i saw was a warning saying "hey, in case you didn't know osu! has a rule against two accounts" and so basically i couldn't find the option on the desktop version. Anyone know what i'm talking about or am i possibly thinking of a different website? I already saw another thread about his and peppy said it wasn't happening but i could've sworn i saw it.
Kao
This only happens when you try posting while logged off, I'm sure there are other ways too.
But that's the easiest way to do it.
  1. Log out from the website (osu.ppy)
  2. Go to any thread and click on "reply" button.
    *If you don't know, you can use this posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=521436
  3. You'll see the options "log in automatically each visit" and "hide my status for this session"
Hope that answers your question
Take note that this only hides "Online" in the forums, and not inside the game client itself.
Topic Starter
_Asymmetry_
Ah ok, I think this is what I meant, and that's ok if it doesn't work in game I guess, I was just wondering if it could be done lol
Kao
I have found the other link, which is this. ucp.php?mode=login
Your problem is already resolved, but posting here just for future reference.