forum

osu! scarred my mouse for life

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cocoalatte
The coating on the plastic pad things on the bottom of my mouse(from a $20 wireless mouse keyboard microsoft pack) is scratched off (after only a month of osu, while I've been using it for over 2 years with no scratches :/).
It's pretty sticky.
What should i do?
- put tape over it
- pull it off
- get a new mouse (if so, which would you recommend for claw grip?)
- other (insert ingenious idea here)
N0thingSpecial
Buy any small to medium size mouse with an optical sensor, preferably wired unless it's G900
Roricon
Same happened with my deathadder the coating on one of the two small upper pads completely came off and the other is starting to come off after 2-3 years and i don't really notice a big difference.
BikerBoy1225
I am a cheapskate and it takes the mouse being in multiple pieces to make me buy a new one. I would put tape over it myself but if you have the money to do it comfortably buy a new mouse. The g502 works extremely well for claw or fingertip grip (terrible for palm). My old mouse i used for 4 years until the entire bottom of the mouse was smooth and the feet were completely gone.
TakuMii
Just get a new mouse and start using a mousepad. There shouldn't be any reason for your mouse feet to wear off that fast (at least at your level).

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Buy any small to medium size mouse with an optical sensor, preferably wired unless it's G900
Or G403, they use the same wireless tech. But yeah, I'd avoid wireless unless you have the money for a 2016 Logitech gaming mouse.