forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Technopug
Nekomata
probably not.

the i3-6100 isn't very suitable for streaming especially at 1080p 60 fps. it could *maybe* do 30 without dropping.
i recommend doing 854x480 60 fps for your processor.

it's another story if you're using nvenc but that often results in lower quality per bitrate, so if you're doing that then 720p 60 may work
NeVMiku

Nekomata wrote:

probably not.

the i3-6100 isn't very suitable for streaming especially at 1080p 60 fps. it could *maybe* do 30 without dropping.
i recommend doing 854x480 60 fps for your processor.

it's another story if you're using nvenc but that often results in lower quality per bitrate, so if you're doing that then 720p 60 may work
NVENC uses the graphics card to do "stuff" instead of the CPU. My laptop has an i7 6700HQ (roughly equivalent to i5-4690) and GTX 960M (=750ti) and I can stream 1080p60 no problem. I use OBS and that restricts your bitrate to stream at anyway if you're streaming to Twitch so it doesn't really matter. The quality is also good.

You (OP) have a better graphics card but worse CPU. Since the CPU isn't doing all the workload in the first place my guess is a Yes. Still, why don't you just try it out?