forum

Average song length?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iobham
I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long I've been playing this. How long is the average osu! map? If I guess that it is about 3mins per map and I've played 8,312 times then I'd have 24,936 minutes of play time, or 415.6 hours. But then I realised that a large amount of osu! maps are anime openings which are about 1.5mins long, giving me a much different estimate of 207.8. I'm just trying to get an idea of how long I've been playing this. I suppose this thread could also be about how long you think you have played for.
winber1
you should realize those 8,312 times do not mean that you have played a whole song all the way through every time. Retries count as a play count after you reach some mark, which i do not know. I almost always have xfire on when I play osu! So, i guess if i just checked my xfire out, it would a be pretty accurate description of my play time.

And on average, I would probably say 2 minutes-ish. most songs (at least the newly ranked ones) do not go past like 2.5 minutes, but that also depends on what you download.
Topic Starter
iobham
Then I guess that could mean that I have played through songs 91.57%(accuracy) of the time then?
winber1

iobham wrote:

Then I guess that could mean that I have played through songs 91.57%(accuracy) of the time then?
1 play count can mean like 10 seconds to infinite seconds (except no song is infinitely long). accuracy has nothing to do with play count.

unless you have some sort of program that keeps track of your playtime, or if you have photographic memory and know exactly how many seconds each of your retries was, you aren't gonna get a very accurate answer. or maybe you can... idk, that's up to you to actually do the work. I don't find much reason to know how long I've played.
Topic Starter
iobham
Darn.

Upon thinking about it more I find it odd that osu! tracks all of the notes you've hit, the times you've attempted a map, the total nonranked score, but it doesn't track time.

I just like it when games track heaps of miscellaneous stuff, like SSBB (You have played for 457 hours, 10 minutes and 39 seconds. You have been KO'd 50174 times. etc).