forum

[invalid] One year span of infringements to show in userpage

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
nya10
Literally osu! has done a good job about showing about our infringements for a month span. But in order to assess the player behaviour for a yearly tournament, I think it make sense if I make this request, since having this means there's transparancy in how many silence they had for the last year, and hence it can be used for many tournament uses to prevent forfeits because possibly banning
Bara-
I'm not too fond of this
It'll chase them for over a year, and the stacking would seem weird
If I get a silence now, and one over 6 months, they wouldn't stack, but they would be displayed simultaneously. That's a bit weird, isn't it?

Let's say I get 3 silences now, 3 over 3 months, then another 3 and again 3
It'd show 4 stacks of silences for a total of 12, which is surpassing the allowed 10. There are 12 silences, but they don't really count towards each other
o x
I don't really agree with this :/
I get why you want something like this and why some others would agree it is good to have but I think it isn't very good.
It is also saying that this person did something bad they broke a rule or something a year ago, and if they were very new to osu! it is understandable to an extent but people would see that person solely as a rule breaker.

On top of that senseless silences like spamming infringements would stack a ton.
Stefan

nya10 wrote:

Literally osu! has done a good job about showing about our infringements for a month span.
It's two weeks, not a month.

The idea itself sounds pretty unnecessary because the organisers (Loctav for example) do have access to check the user if they misbehaved for whatever reason. The reason this shows on the profile is to help the user to understand what they have done, and that doesn't require that they get reminded six months later they have been silenced months ago for spam, for example. And anyways, a five minute silence won't restrict you from official tournaments, bigger issues are the cases.

Also,

Cawub wrote:

On top of that senseless silences like spamming infringements would stack a ton.

Bara- wrote:

It'll chase them for over a year, and the stacking would seem weird
If I get a silence now, and one over 6 months, they wouldn't stack, but they would be displayed simultaneously. That's a bit weird, isn't it?

Let's say I get 3 silences now, 3 over 3 months, then another 3 and again 3
It'd show 4 stacks of silences for a total of 12, which is surpassing the allowed 10. There are 12 silences, but they don't really count towards each other
Nothing more to add here, marked as denied.