forum

[duplicate] Please join my lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Void Scroll
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6446100
We've all stumbled upon those kinds of messages in the #osu chat at least once. Usually one of these pops up every 20 minutes or so.

Here's a solution I may have: Add a system of keywords.
For instance, let's we filter those words: "Play" or "Join" and "Lobby" or "Game" or "Server"
If the #osu chat detects that those keywords in a sentence, the message and it's author are redirected to the #lobby channel instead to advertise their multiplayer games in the proper channel.

This would lower the amount of unwanted multiplayer lobbies advertisement in the general chat.

What'd you think ? Any keywords that could be added ?
Bara-
Sometimes people will talk about it regularly in other instances
Play - Definitely not. Playing also defines Single player, not only multi player
Join - Ony when used in combination with Lobby
Lobby - ^^
Game - Video Games are not allowed then? Nah
Server - Bancho/Discord etc. Not suited for Lobby

And we also have another problem, evading this. I can also say "Jion my Lobbby plz" and the filter wouldn't detect it

Tl;dr I like the idea, but the execution will make this insanely hard (and it'll likely not get much better)
Seijiro
Give a read to this and tell me what you think: t/285365/start=0&&hilit=%23lobby+%23announce

I see the filtering system a bit... uncomfortable in certain situations.
Bara-
Why is this stickied...?
Nathanael

Bara- wrote:

Why is this stickied...?
No idea. Unpinned anyway.
Pawsu

MrSergio wrote:

Give a read to this and tell me what you think: t/285365/start=0&&hilit=%23lobby+%23announce

I see the filtering system a bit... uncomfortable in certain situations.
I pretty much agree with Sergio here. Been supporting his request since he first had posted it and agree 100% with everything he's said.

I think these advertisements should be just dealt with normally by moderators. It's the same as when someone speaks in a different language -- you redirect them.
Topic Starter
Void Scroll
I see the idea, I like the idea, I think it would be a better fit.

My idea of filter by the way was not to redirect people for one matching keyword, but if several are in the same sentence. I guess MrSergio's idea remains better in this case though.