forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mei-mizuki
I did my skin but by playing a few songs, the spiner changed to the skin "osu new template" for no reason. What could be the problem?
PS: I wanted to know if there is any way to make the circle hit could see no color that takes on the circle hit overlay.
autoteleology
What happens when I use 300ppi images in osu! as opposed to 72ppi? Do I get better scaling / anti aliasing?
Oddwel
Hey there people!

A friend gave me some skin. Though I made some tweaking on the taiko elements that were displaying unproperly for some reason (took me a while to correct it. Still don't know what was wrong, but I couldn't tell you what changes could have been made to that skin before it came to me), I didn't touch the sliderball.

I can undoubtedly certify that skin.ini defines
SliderBallFlip: 1
Yet the slider ball does not flip when reversed.

To confirm: I changed the cursor rotation in the ini file and it changed in the game so my file is without doubt being read by osu.
Any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot that?

That'd be great.

PS: For info my osu version is the latest cutting edge (check out the last version in the beta changelog and it's mine)
HoukiHorizon
How do I find the skin Menu to choose my other skins?
I am stuck from last update.
domSaur
what file do i invisible to remove the slliderend which has been common lately.. i just can't seem to know what image am i looking for
DeletedUser_4041880

HoukiHorizon wrote:

How do I find the skin Menu to choose my other skins?
I am stuck from last update.
Go to options and scroll down. Just click on "current skin" and look around to find the skin you want to use.

Rio-

domSaur wrote:

what file do i invisible to remove the slliderend which has been common lately.. i just can't seem to know what image am i looking for
Replace default-0.png - default-9.png with a hitcircle combined with number 0-9 on it (default-0.png has number 0), and use blank hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png

some skins that using this:
t/222615
Narril or Xilver skin
Takeshi Kida
Alpha_00
How do you make the 4 menu buttons look as in the picture below?

Whenever I try to make a skin, the buttons are always separated.

EDIT: nvm figured it out
Pegasius
Hello, is it possible to animate ranking letters (ranking-A)? I tried it and followed instructions by adding -0...-n where n was number of frames, but it didn't work -.-" any help would be much appreciated.
DeletedUser_4041880

Pegasius wrote:

Hello, is it possible to animate ranking letters (ranking-A)? I tried it and followed instructions by adding -0...-n where n was number of frames, but it didn't work -.-" any help would be much appreciated.
It's not possible to animate ranking letters
Ayesha Altugle

Pegasius wrote:

No.

Edit: HINEWPAGE!
JESSFLOW
please help...i tried to resize but it still like that...

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/232060

sorry for my bad English ..
Haskorion

JESSFLOW wrote:

please help...i tried to resize but it still like that...

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/232060

sorry for my bad English ..
I will say it again, you can't use full widescreen images for spinner-metre.png.

This time I will give you the dimensions you should work with: 1024x692 for spinner-background.png AND spinner-metre.png
Fleuret
Is there any word if widescreen support for spinner-metre is going to happen? I tried searching but couldn't really find anything on it. Been out of loop for quite a long time.
KeNooby
ive gotten pretty much everything to work like i would want it to other then spinner-osu for somereason its not showing up after i clear a spinner any ideas?
Haskorion
spinner-osu.png won't work in skins using version 2 or higher.
yericho1996
is anyone have raw file of taiko-bar-left?
I'm really need it for my skin
and sorry if i don't read the previous post
sorry, i mean from latest original osu skin
-Chitose-

KeNooby wrote:

ive gotten pretty much everything to work like i would want it to other then spinner-osu for somereason its not showing up after i clear a spinner any ideas?
Try changing the skin version?

Haskorion wrote:

spinner-osu.png won't work in skins using version 2 or higher.
yes is it because version 2.0+using new spinner version
please read section "Skin Version"

Anyway did anyone know new mod icon file name?
Haskorion

-Chitose- wrote:

Got its name freshly from deadbeat:

selection-mod-keycoop.png

Co-Op simply splits every key count into 2 playfields right now and also enables 10K, 12K, 14K, 16K, and 18K.
So you can maybe start skinning for this keycounts aswell.
IamBaum

Haskorion wrote:

-Chitose- wrote:

Got its name freshly from deadbeat:

selection-mod-keycoop.png

Co-Op simply splits every key count into 2 playfields right now and also enables 10K, 12K, 14K, 16K, and 18K.
So you can maybe start skinning for this keycounts aswell.
Thanks alot, i also tried to figure out the name for it :D
Plutooooo
Anyone know if you can make it so that the reverse arrow changes color based on the combo color?
ExVeemon
I really have no idea if someone already posted this, but how does one change this:

So that it turns blue instead of red?
I have tried looking in the skin.ini, and changing things around, but it doesn't do anything at all.

Thanks in advance!~
Hinei
I'm maked default in photoshop. When i began creating that note, i put a transparent background. Just look at screenshot and tell me how to fix that white pixels.
dws123

MasterSonic10 wrote:

I really have no idea if someone already posted this, but how does one change this:

I have tried looking in the skin.ini, and changing things around, but it doesn't do anything at all.

Thanks in advance!~
Is the .png file already blue in colour or...?
(And BTW which one are you referring to? the circle or the midpoint?)

Hinei wrote:

I'm maked default in photoshop. When i began creating that note, i put a transparent background. Just look at screenshot and tell me how to fix that white pixels.
Where is the white pixel? I don't see any (or is it that I gotta change my glasses? ._.)
Hinei

dws123 wrote:

MasterSonic10 wrote:

Thanks in advance!~
Is the .png file already blue in colour or...?
(And BTW which one are you referring to? the circle or the midpoint?)

Hinei wrote:

Where is the white pixel? I don't see any (or is it that I gotta change my glasses? ._.)
look at left and rigth side
DeletedUser_4041880
Open up the file named hitcircleoverlay.png and erase the pixels in any program that supports transparency. Make sure to save as a .png file when you're finished.
Hinei
I havent pixels when open this files with graph redactor...
DeletedUser_4041880
Make a new layer under the file you opened and fill it with black. You should be able to see the pixels after this, though check hitcircle.png and make sure there aren't any stray pixels on it too.
Hinei
No, i cant see that pixels in the layers
oreNa_
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecDzaGxR1M like in this video, how do you make the slidertrackoverride the same color as your combo color?

thx
Supairo

Im Black wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecDzaGxR1M like in this video, how do you make the slidertrackoverride the same color as your combo color?

thx
In the skin.ini file, there should be this line:
SliderTrackOverride: 196,146,202
Simply remove it or write it like this:
//SliderTrackOverride: 196,146,202
This will remove the SliderTrackOverride color and change it to the current combo color.
AussieEvil
Has the playfield been removed?
OsuMe65
It's done for, yes
Gumpy

AussieEvil wrote:

Has the playfield been removed?
it has been for some time.
DarkHenrych
I've been trying for a while now to make my own mania skin. I made my keys using Paint.net, basically drawing over a key I copied from another skin. The problem is that once I set the key and key@2x in the .ini file, it doesn't load properly. Namely, the color and design works, but the key doesn't scale to the right height. It covers the lower half of the key space, and actually shrinks to it, but the top half is black. I've been looking for some info on key height/width, but haven't found anything online. I'm stumped.

Haskorion
Don't assign HD elements in the skin.ini. Remove the "@2x" from every line. The game is coded for 1024x768 resolutions so you need to assign SD elements in the skin.ini.
JapanYoshiTheGamer
I checked and I think the new scorebar offset is 12x13 (24x26 @2x).
Haskorion

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

I checked and I think the new scorebar offset is 12x13 (24x26 @2x).
We already had this cleared up and it's [12,12] for scorebars with marker and [5,16] for scorebars with ki.
Haganenno
Hello,

What is the file name for hit lightning?
show more