forum

[resolved] improved random map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
proccess
old: press f2 and picks a random map regardless of the star

my request: random but takes the users, "average star rating plays", intro consideration. brings 2 stars down for larger scope of random pick
e.g: PROCCESS ave star: 6.07(says on recomended diff) ; random picks will revolve on 4 - 6.07 only

well i guess it has some flaws as I won't be able to play or randomize my favourite 8* maps.
Sandy Hoey
Not a huge fan of this request. I see the f2 button as choosing a random song. You can then choose the difficulty that you want to play.
Bara-
I do often find it bothersome that f2 sometimes gives me sets of which the highest diff is 3*, I'd not play it
Having it only random a certain star rating would be cool.
However, you can already do something similar in options, where you can set which difficulties you want to display. Setting it to 4-6.07 would do the same (in your case)
o x
Alternatively you can type "stars>(enter star amount) stars< (enter star amount)" then it will only give you maps between those ranges! Just so no one has to go out of their way to make something that doesn't have to be made. :)

Pawsu
So many workarounds for this. I recommend using either what Bara- or Cawub suggested.
Seijiro
I'm pretty confident you got enough options here, just search a bit around.