forum

I found Osu! more fun than Starcraft 2 - decided to stay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Executrix
Hi all!

I'm Jesper (aka Executrix) from the Netherlands. I'm a musician (piano/guitar/vocals) and recently found out about Osu!
I first just installed it to help me improve my mouse control (after I started using higher mouse speed) just for Starcraft 2,
but I loved this game so much that I haven't touch Starcraft 2 anymore ever since I started playing.

Please send me a message ingame if you would like to play some songs. At the moment I'm working on getting all achievements (though I can't get the Internet pack 2 one, silly McDonalds song fml).

Also, I made a short Beatmap myself from one of my songs I've written myself. I'm thinking of releasing more of my own songs if people like those, but I'm not so good @ Beatmapping so any assistance is more than welcome.

My beatmap link: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/29186
Ramellu
Yay! Welcome to osu! :3 Hope you like it around here, and it's great to hear that you really enjoy osu! too.

Btw, if you need help with your beatmaps, you can always head down to the beatmap help topic on the forums. :3
Topic Starter
Executrix
Thanks Ramellu, but it's not so much I want/need help. It's more that if people want to Beatmap my music they are more than welcome to do so. :D
Vext_old

Executrix wrote:

I can't get the Internet pack 2 one, silly McDonalds song fml.

It works with "No Fail" mod on just a btw. Welcome.
marshallracer
Welcome to Osu! :D
Nice to hear, that you're actually making music (which can be used for Osu! lol ^^)

i hope we'll see more maps with your music :3
Pizzicato
osu - fun
SCII - competitive

welcome to osu! have fun and enjoy your stay
marshallracer

Pizzicatto wrote:

osu - fun & competitive ;)
SCII - competitive but not fun :D
i guess that's right now :lol:
Pizzicato

marshall_racer wrote:

Pizzicatto wrote:

osu - fun & competitive ;)
SCII - competitive but not fun :D
i guess that's right now :lol:
since when did osu get competitive lolx
marshallracer

Pizzicatto wrote:

i guess since the ranking system exists lol
Pizzicato

marshall_racer wrote:

Pizzicatto wrote:

i guess since the ranking system exists lol

lol u got a point
Topic Starter
Executrix
Hahaha, I gotta say that Osu started for fun. But since I got ranked less than 40k in a week I'm gonna play it competitive eventually as well! 8-) But I got a long way to go! Btw starcraft 2 can be fun (just mostly teamgames are much fun when you play them together with some folks over teamspeak or something)

EDIT: Oh does no fail not ruin my accuracy? And more important, does it count for the achievement?
Vext_old
I already said it counts and yes everything is saved as is but with -50% score.
Corin
It gets competetive when you go and FC a newly ranked song and get #12, then lose your posistion and rage replay until you get that FL, HR, H, SD, DT 100% Finish.

Damn straight, I should know...