forum

Tappings are not registering [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
I'll try to be as clear as possible with my problem. :o

I have a Bamboo Fun Tablet. My tablet worked fine with osu! before this happened.
This part is a little fuzzy.
A couple days ago when I tried to open osu!, a dialog box appeared and told me something was outdated and asked me if I wanted to somehow let it automatically update itself? (I regret not looking at the box close enough..)

I clicked yes and then osu! just shut itself down. It wouldn't even open after I clicked it a couple times. Windows Vista kept saying "osu! has encountered a problem".
First I tried using the osu!install file to repair it, but taps wouldn't register and I couldn't connect to Bancho.

I uninstalled osu! and reinstalled it. Everything seemed fine except for the my tablet taps. I have to tap about 3 - 5 times for it to register.
I've tried the Force TabletPC support option and fixing the settings of my tablet, but it doesn't seem to work. Restarting my computer or replugging my tablet didn't work either.
I've looked at the other thread about this issue, but it didn't help me much. :?
Help?
dkun
Do you have your Bamboo drivers installed properly?
Is your mouse sensitivity 1.0x ingame?

Try deleting your osu! core files and run osume.exe if all else fails.
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
Thanks for replying!
Yes, I'm pretty sure my Bamboo drivers are fine and my mouse sensitivity is set to 1.0 in osu!.

What do you mean by osu! core files? :?
Guy-kun
Sounds like a tablet sensitivity issue?
Try checking your tablet sensitivity hasn't changed in the tablet's driver configuration
Linco
Are your Windows Tablet PC components deactivated? You can check it at "Add/Remove Windows components".
I had the same problem and reactivating them fixed the problem for me.
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
@ Guy-kun:
How can I check to make sure?
I've tried testing my pressure sensitivity in SAI and it works fine, so I don't know why it isn't working in osu! when I tap.

@eviLinco:
I don't have "Windows Tablet PC components" listed, but I have "Tablet PC Optional Components" checked off.
Linco

anbuninjaz wrote:

@eviLinco:
I don't have "Windows Tablet PC components" listed, but I have "Tablet PC Optional Components" checked off.
Did you try to activate them?
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
@eviLinco:

If you mean activating Tablet PC Optional Components, yes.
It was already running when I checked.

I also tried finding Windows Tablet PC Components, but I couldn't find it there either.
Linco
I didn't know the right name for this feature in English, so I just translated the German expression. I guess you found the right one :)
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
I've tried deactivating it, restarting, reactivating and restarting again. It didn't change a thing. :o
I can't figure out what's wrong.
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz

Chaquan wrote:

It sounds like a flat sensitive issue? Please check your plate sensitivity did not change the tablet driver configuration...
How would I go about doing that?
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
Actually, I have seemed to solve this terrible dilemma when osu! stopped working for me.
I just moved the osu!(computer name).cgf file out from the osu! main folder into my Programs file, and now both the game and my tablet clicks work!

Thank you to all who helped! :)
Lassadar
I NEED HELP
Flanster

Lassadar wrote:

I NEED HELP

Create a thread for your issue, don't bump dead 7 year old topics