forum

Do i need to upgrade my PC?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ngungodandon
Hi everyone I have been playing OSU for pretty long time and recently I've just bought my Galax gtx750 OC,a and I coupled it with my old rig which has core 2 duo e8400 and 4gb ddr2 ram,also I use a SATA 3 HDD (500gb) and I'm experiencing a very very small and unnoticeable delay ( :v) I have tried OSU in my local cyber cafe which has i3 4160/750ti/8gb ram and an Asus monitor ( it has speaker too and can be activated through HDMI) I don't remember the exact monitor model but I find I that playing OSU with it is absolutely smooth and no delay no fps drop........
P/s I'm using the CTH 490
P/s 2: I'm using an old 19' Dell LCD too with VGA cable
Thx !
winber1
regardless of whether or not you lag, you probably should upgrade anyway merely for quality of life if you have some extra money.

and anyways, it's "unnoticeable" so why does it even matter? lol
Topic Starter
ngungodandon
:v i can notice it hehe and tks
Roricon
Hmm I think osu! should run fine with those specs and that monitor. I have about the same specs and also use a 19' dell from 2006(with a dvi cable) and it runs osu! perfectly. Upgrading your pc if you can afford it is certainly recommended but you shouldn't do it just for osu!.
2xExp
If anything, core 2 duo is pretty outdated at this point that could possible hinder the smooth gameplay.
If it's an input delay, I know there had been some minor issues with CTH 490 with older PCs. If that tablet is working fine at the internet cafe you frequent, then I'd suggest you look into options for upgrading (It looks like you're at a great spot too, from that E8400 xD ).

I used my good ol' Q9550 too, until like late 2011.
Topic Starter
ngungodandon

2xExp wrote:

If anything, core 2 duo is pretty outdated at this point that could possible hinder the smooth gameplay.
If it's an input delay, I know there had been some minor issues with CTH 490 with older PCs. If that tablet is working fine at the internet cafe you frequent, then I'd suggest you look into options for upgrading (It looks like you're at a great spot too, from that E8400 xD ).

I used my good ol' Q9550 too, until like late 2011.
1700+ FPS when i checked with Fraps
oh im planning on buying the core 2 quad series but then i realized that i shouldnt buy such an old and outdated processor even though its true quad core and the I3 3240 im aiming at has only 2 cores and 4 threads
ithgyu
If you have the money its worth it. As winber said, quality of life.