forum

My Favortie Paper Size is 8x11

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jeshi_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K-i-t
Hey, welcome from a fellow newbie, hehe.

A lot of beat games get remade as a free to play game where you can use any song you want.. even Guitar Hero. Ever heard of Frets on Fire?

I've seen some maps that were pretty mean like that too >_< I see overlapping notes and double hit only to find the next note was actually to the side. But I think the more you play the more you get used to it.

That's my favorite paper size as well :) :P

Topic Starter
Jeshi_old

K-i-t wrote:

Hey, welcome from a fellow newbie, hehe.

A lot of beat games get remade as a free to play game where you can use any song you want.. even Guitar Hero. Ever heard of Frets on Fire?

I've seen some maps that were pretty mean like that too >_< I see overlapping notes and double hit only to find the next note was actually to the side. But I think the more you play the more you get used to it.

That's my favorite paper size as well :) :P
Haha, I saw you topic and was thinking of posting a "Oh hey welcome I'm new too" post but I decided not to since I silly when I was typing it up.

Frets on fire I've heard of but it isn't quite as good as Guitar hero(especially since unlike stepmania which can be replicated with a USB dance pad or Osu! which can use a tablet, there's no USB Guitar you can use)

Also I saw in your topic you use a tablet or osu!, but it's a screen less tablet so isn't that even more awkward? it seems to me like it'd like using an oversized Laptop touchmouse, but with a pen, and you have to tap the pen to hit the bits XD which would reset your mouse position anyways.

8x10 is mostly my favorite paper size because it's hard to find paper NOT 8x10, my second favorite would have to be Origami paper, I don't know that exact measurement but it's fun to make paper art even if it's not really Origami(or good)

I found out a cool trick to turn 8x10 paper in 8x8 paper, you fold the paper so the top right corner goes to the left half of the paper(so the top left corned is fully folder in half) then you cut the extra unfolded paper off, and you unfold and TA-DA it's a perfect 8x8 piece of paper :D
K-i-t
I've only heard of FoF, never played it, but it didn't seem like a good adaption since you need to use the keyboard XD

The tablet isn't awkward at all for me. Maybe I'm used to using it ;) I have been using it for maybe 4 years now. At first it WAS really awkward though! :? I could hardly draw anything and I pressed unnecessarily hard.
The tablet isn't much different than the mouse in truth, it's just easier move and click =x but it's harder to hold, because you do actually have to hold it.

That's a pretty neat trick :) Too bad I suck at origami XD A friend can make frogs though that jump when you press on them o_o it's cool.

To be honest that's not actually my favourite paper size either- I don't use it for anything besides notes :o I don't have a paper preference, but I do like smaller paper so I can carry it around easier (whatever "it" is..)

Loginer

Jeshi wrote:

I found out a cool trick to turn 8x10 paper in 8x8 paper, you fold the paper so the top right corner goes to the left half of the paper(so the top left corned is fully folder in half) then you cut the extra unfolded paper off, and you unfold and TA-DA it's a perfect 8x8 piece of paper :D
Pokebis
Welcome to Osu!
Frets on Fire is a bit.... buggy....
Anyways, don't just go to bug reports feel free to post everywhere on the forums, and also chat with us on irc (press F8 in-game or directly join here). I also recommend getting a normal mouse for playing Osu!. Most people play with a tablet [pc] or a mouse. And don't worry about double notes, after a while it all begins to come naturally. Also if some beatmaps trick you watch some replays to see how it's meant to be played.

Download: Paramore - Fences (Armin) [Normal - Collab].osu
awp

Jeshi wrote:

Frets on fire I've heard of but it isn't quite as good as Guitar hero(especially since unlike stepmania which can be replicated with a USB dance pad or Osu! which can use a tablet, there's no USB Guitar you can use)
GH controller + usb adaptor = FoF with GH controller. FoF's problem is that there doesn't seem to be any quality control to it, so unlike osu!, you really have no idea whether the chart you downloaded will make any fucking sense or not.

And yes - if you're new (and you are~) stay away from older maps. Pretty much everything before November is for more advanced/patient osuers (when osu! was in its public infancy restrictions/guidelines were much more lax and unpredictable shit abound).
Topic Starter
Jeshi_old

awp wrote:

Jeshi wrote:

GH controller + usb adaptor = FoF with GH controller. FoF's problem is that there doesn't seem to be any quality control to it, so unlike osu!, you really have no idea whether the chart you downloaded will make any fucking sense or not.

And yes - if you're new (and you are~) stay away from older maps. Pretty much everything before November is for more advanced/patient osuers (when osu! was in its public infancy restrictions/guidelines were much more lax and unpredictable shit abound).

Yeah, now that I think of it, although the original Guitar hero controllers needed adapters to use USB, I think the 360 ones are already USB since the wired 360 controllers are USB.

I used to have a normal USB mouse for my laptop, well, somewhat normal, it was SO TINY XD, but the scroll wheel kept dislodging itself and eventually the rubber on it got stuck under the left mouse click(for lack of a better word) and when I got it out it no longer worked :P
BrandonEBA
Welcome to osu!
this is my favourt rythm game because
Well unlike ddr it make sense with the accaul rythm
Topic Starter
Jeshi_old

BrandonEBA wrote:

Welcome to osu!
this is my favourt rythm game because
Well unlike ddr it make sense with the accaul rythm
Well, that all depends on the beatmap.
BrandonEBA
all that i played so far had
all 498
Topic Starter
Jeshi_old

BrandonEBA wrote:

all that i played so far had
all 498

I know your game says 498 probably but that's counting every single difficulty setting for each map too, and I doubt you played every single difficulty on each song.