posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Url: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/513590

Monstrata wrote:

Sonnyc wrote:

Are you really going to use 2 extra?

They really look similar, like almost those being one map from the very beginning and I can't see why those two should get all ranked,,
Like, there are no major difference to seperate as two diffs
Well, that's the point xD. Have you watched the movie? Basically the two main characters switch bodies throughout the movie, and constantly "fill in" for each other's lives whenever they switch, like Mitsuha (the girl) will pretend to be Taki (the boy) and vice versa, as they learn about each other. With that in mind, I want to thread the two Extra's together through the motif of connection. The mapping styles are similar (and even identical) in certain places to make it feel like the two extra's are interconnected, just like how in the movie, the characters's lives intertwine, despite being in different locations (I'd say more, but then I'd be writing spoilers). They both use the exact same rhythm and hitsounds, have the exact same difficulty settings, are even the exact same difficulty, and there are a few sections where the mapping becomes very similar. I want the player to play both Extra's and go "hey, they feel really similar!" and be reminded of the characters in the movie.
So the stuff here is that the higher two extras have got a really high similarity. Monstrata gave an explanation regarding the chosen setting, and it was quite understandable personally along the concept of the source of the song.

However leaving that explanation aside, what do you guys think about of having a really similar difficulties in the perspective of the map itself?
Monstrata
Wow, I think that's really creative! Good job, Monstrata!
Tari
Beatmap is ranked now, thus this is archived