forum

Keyboard suggestions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mulraf
Yeeees. i know. 200th keyboard thread. but with 190 of them not being general or focusing on something else regarding keyboards i really can't find what i'm looking for.

so. today, after 11 years, a important key of my old rubberdome keyboard finally gave in! it was a logitech G15 and after reading about keyboards from all kinds of sources i don't believe that those mechanical keyboards really are supposed to have such longlivety. but i shall give it a try.

nevertheless i definitely want the feeling i got used to throughout the years. switches that are as similar as possible to rubberdome ones (in terms of how much force you need to apply. so basically i want ones that are probably harder to press). also i don't want the keys to be flat. i really want to have them kinda stand out a little. (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PjaCk2AGncQ/maxresdefault.jpg for reference. currently i'm using a replacement with flat keys http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/sa/sa ... -patia.jpg it sucks.) extra keys (for macros) would be a + but not needed. the layout should be available in german but that's possible for most keyboards so you probably don't have to mind this detail unless it's a very unknown one. media keys are not nessercary. a mute key would be usefull as well but not nessercery again. i'll be using it to play, of course, osu! and an mmorpg called dark age of camelot as well as usual internet stuffs and so on.

any suggestions which keyboard would be good and meet my terms?
Rurree
Your best bet would either be any Cherry MX Clear keyboard preferably WASD Keyboards. No macros but it's fully programmable so you could pretty much do anything you want with it, just get an extra set of keycaps if you really want it to stand out, preferably PBT ones. If you want a membrane-like feel mechanical keyboard with macro keys then go for the Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, it's a really good board.
Veross
I personally use this keyboard and it works wonder, except the sound it makes might be annoying to some people :)
Paneiru

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

I personally use this keyboard and it works wonder, except the sound it makes might be annoying to some people :)
Blue switches are usually not a popular pick in osu. I've tried the three most common switches that are mainly used in osu, blue, red and brown, and I would recommend going for either reds or browns instead of blues. Reds are the lightest out of all of them though, so maybe black would be preferred by someone who favors heavy switches.