forum

[Archived] Consistent low whine noise while in Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Litharrale
Problem Details:
100% of the time while the osu! window is selected, I can hear this sort of low whining noise. As if a balloon is being slowly deflated while someone is pinching the hole. I've confirmed that it persists even while I'm playing charts but generally the music is loud enough to not even hear it. It's still incredibly annoying though while I'm in the menus.

It doesn't come through if I record my screen and I tried recording the sound with my phone jammed in my headphones but you can't hear anything over the sound of my PC fan unfortunately. The really odd thing is that changing my PC sound doesn't affect it at all. The volume of the whine is consistent no matter what I set it too which makes me think it's not osu! but I've tested with at least a dozen other programs/games and only Osu! has this issue.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
See above.

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
VeilStar
Long time no see! lol
Sounds like it's possibly coil whine from your pc though?
Topic Starter
Litharrale

VeilStar wrote:

Long time no see! lol
Sounds like it's possibly coil whine from your pc though?
Glad to see you remember me, VS :)

Possibly but that doesn't explain why it's literally only from osu! and only through my headphones.
VeilStar
That I can't really explain. Given that it doesn't get recorded when you record your screen and audio I can only assume it's some sort of audio interference that only happens when you're playing osu!. Up to you to try things out though.
Topic Starter
Litharrale
Honestly it's not the biggest deal since it's pretty much impossible to hear while any other sound is playing. I remember it not being present in previous builds of the game so maybe that's the issue. I'll just live with it