forum

[Archived] Ingame displays incorrect location

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eddiedude
Problem Details:
I live in the United States specifically Florida, but in-game it the location is displayed as Canada. I don't use a vpn or proxy. This happened about 2-3 days ago as far as I know.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://prnt.sc/cqtvux

osu! version: 20160929.2cuttingedge
bkoh

eddiedude wrote:

Problem Details:
I live in the United States specifically Florida, but in-game it the location is displayed as Canada. I don't use a vpn or proxy. This happened about 2-3 days ago as far as I know.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://prnt.sc/cqtvux

osu! version: 20160929.2cuttingedge
Try asking an admin to change your location
Topic Starter
eddiedude

SuperPanda wrote:

Change my location in-game? Or did you mean on my profile. If you're talking about changing my country on my profile, I'm not trying to change my country since I still live in the United States. And for asking an admin to change my location in-game I don't think it is possible, as far as I know, the way they determine your location depends on your IP address.
Pawsu
If you're not running a VPN or proxy, it may be because your IP got assigned to somewhere in Canada. Do you have a dyamic IP?
You should be able to contact your ISP and inquire about this. Also, accounts@ppy.sh may be able to help as well so contacting them may help.

SuperPanda wrote:

This isn't the problem, nor will it help
Topic Starter
eddiedude

Pawsu wrote:

If you're not running a VPN or proxy, it may be because your IP got assigned to somewhere in Canada. Do you have a dyamic IP?
You should be able to contact your ISP and inquire about this. Also, accounts@ppy.sh may be able to help as well so contacting them may help.

SuperPanda wrote:

This isn't the problem, nor will it help
Thanks I will try this, and yes I do have a dynamic IP address
Topic Starter
eddiedude

eddiedude wrote:

Thanks I will try this, and yes I do have a dynamic IP address
Actually no, apparently I don't have a dynamic IP address. I believe when I was still with Verizon I had a dynamic IP, but it seems after they sold Verizon to Frontier, my IP address is now static. I looked up on where my IP is located and it says exactly where I live, Florida however, in-game it still displays Canada as my location. I don't understand this.