forum

How do replays actually work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zetta
So replays.

I'm under the impression that it's a bot playing the replay and not the actual replay of the song you're watching?

I do a bit of livestreaming osu sometimes and you can clearly tell the difference between a live play and a replay. Especially when it comes to spiinning.
winber1
Yeah, something is actually weird about it. I have a replay of song and when replaying it, I only get max combo 165x. However, on the actual rankings list, I have a max combo of 215x, and i clearly remember getting 215x as well, since it was actually fairly recently. Apparently, my replay missed a note... lol.
OzzyOzrock

winber1 wrote:

Yeah, something is actually weird about it. I have a replay of song and when replaying it, I only get max combo 165x. However, on the actual rankings list, I have a max combo of 215x, and i clearly remember getting 215x as well, since it was actually fairly recently. Apparently, my replay missed a note... lol.
That could just be a glitch in your replay. Were you using x2, or something? At times it can break and be incorrect.
winber1

OzzyOzrock wrote:

winber1 wrote:

That could just be a glitch in your replay. Were you using x2, or something? At times it can break and be incorrect.
no, there were no mods on. This happened during a stream though. does that signify anything?
Avedas
Sometimes a replay will bug and miss a note. I'm guessing it's similar to a macro recorder since its precision is about the same as one.
aevv_old

Avedas wrote:

Sometimes a replay will bug and miss a note. I'm guessing it's similar to a macro recorder since its precision is about the same as one.
this^ probably, sampling rate of the mouse position isnt high enough, so ocasionally when you spend just a frame or two on a note it may not register that position and go past it