forum

[duplicate] Watch current song.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hernan
Well, I don't know if many of you would enjoy this, but it's been on my head for a few days and I would like to know what you think.

The idea basically is another use of the command "/watch x", or a new command very similar.

Let's assume I'm listening to http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28222, and I want to watch someone play it, so I could write something like /npwatch and search for people currently playing this song and eventually watch one of them.

Feedback will be very appreciated.

I've used the search bar and didn't find anything related.

deadbeat edit: this will work better -> t/116088
those
Watch a replay in the top 40.
mm201
You mean like a reverse spectate? I'm not sure how many people would use something like this. How's it supposed to behave when multiple people are playing the chosen map?
Topic Starter
Hernan
About watching a replay in top 40, that's not what I meant, I mean actually spectate someone playing live.

About behaviour, it could randomly choose one player, or maybe a better idea, it could throw a list of people playing it and then you can choose one and use "/watch x"
Soaprman
Not sure how many hits you would get with this thing unless you stuck with popular/new maps. It's not a bad idea, really, but I just can't see it being useful most of the time for even the people who would want to use such a feature.
Kitsunemimi

Soaprman wrote:

Not sure how many hits you would get with this thing unless you stuck with popular/new maps. It's not a bad idea, really, but I just can't see it being useful most of the time for even the people who would want to use such a feature.
This ^

Plus, searches can lag Bancho iirc.

Really interesting idea though, I haven't thought of this before.
Topic Starter
Hernan
Well, if searching for users playing the song would cause lag, then it wouldn't work. Anyways I don't think it's a bad idea being able to search who is playing wich song, but well, I really wanted to know what other people would think. Thank you all for the feedback.
Hiyorin

MetalMario201 wrote:

How's it supposed to behave when multiple people are playing the chosen map?
If it was implemented, then I think it should choose the person who started the map last. It would make no sense to spectate someone 5 seconds from finishing the song when someone else just began.
OzzyOzrock
I like this idea. Always had something similar in mind.
peppy
Quite feasible.
Topic Starter
Hernan
:D