forum

When to quit on a beatmap run?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cetrei
So lately ever since I entered the 210-190k rank range nearly every time I've improved a highscore on a map, (+500k score, +0.03 acc or something like that) I've always lost rank. Is there a guideline I can follow so I know when to quit before I finish a beatmap and change my score: like I should try to 2x my combo (even though I would still lose rank if I 3x my combo) and atleast improve acc by .05?
Caput Mortuum
What?

You lose ranks because people are passing you. Get scores on different maps. Or try to get atleast +1 acc. Improved scores with +0.03 acc won't give even 1 pp.
Edit: also fc the map.
Topic Starter
cetrei

Mein Gauche wrote:

What?
You lose ranks because people are passing you. Get scores on different maps. Or try to get atleast +1 acc. Improved scores with +0.03 acc won't give even 1 pp.
Edit: also fc the map.

After I would complete a beatmap and change my score on it I would see a number on my screen that indicated my profile rank went down by -500 or so. Does this mean that before I got my new highscore I lost rank, and only then did the game show my rank change?
Caput Mortuum
Your rank is only updated when you completed a map.
dung eater
When you do a mistake you know you can avoid if you try more and you still have more try in you.

That is when to retry. I usually quit when i feel i can't play the map.
Sandy Hoey

cetrei wrote:

After I would complete a beatmap and change my score on it I would see a number on my screen that indicated my profile rank went down by -500 or so. Does this mean that before I got my new highscore I lost rank, and only then did the game show my rank change?
It will not matter if you don't complete the beatmap. Your ranks will still be lost because it is not the play that is losing you ranks, it is other people passing you that is forcing you to lose ranks. Just keep playing and you will gain back those spot quickly, especially at your rank
I Give Up
Play a variety of maps and play songs that you enjoy listening too. Try to perform as best as you can, accept whatever score you get and move on to the next song.