forum

Smile HD: The Legitimately Happy Version!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lemonfaace
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a brony, I just like some aspects of MLP

Just recently I had been shuffling through my thousands of songs on my iPod, when I so happened to stumble across one of my only two MLP songs in my playlist: Smile HD. Being a blooming mapper myself (aka a newbie), I suddenly became inspired to map it on osu!

Very soon after remembering how.. how dark the original video was, I was thinking, "hey, what if I made a storyboard music video in a completely different light from the original?" This gave me a lot of ideas, but I'd love to hear what anyone else might think!

My goal is to make a legit MV for Smile HD, and in a way that's almost completely unique from the original. Something bright and cheery, happy and exciting. I just really wanna hear thoughts from anyone who may be interested in sharing their thoughts on it, and hey, perhaps some collaboration can come into play!

I know I don't have any examples of my own personal SB work, but I've recently learned how to storyboard, and it seems fairly similar to something like vector animation in Flash, which I've played with for a year or two now. I hope to get some feedback, thanks for reading!