Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Thanks Tenshi :3
Raging Bull
Hi.

General:
Try to find a video that is 800x600. Video looks too squished right now.
I don't knowwww but it might have a second BPM? Although its probably the way you mapped easy. :s

Easy/Normal/Hard:
Orz I can't find anything. (Besides delicious sliders)

Although it's more of a personal opinion, I rather you not use any slowdown/speed ups sliders for Easy. Just leave it at 1x SV.

Lol@mymod.

Star.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Hi Raging Bull!

About the video, I must say that it was quiet a pain in the ass to get it xD I don't really see the problem in having it with those dimensions, considerening the video quality :3

And about the BPM, I still think - even though some people mentioned it - that it is correct as it is, so I'll keep it as it is :3

And, well the multiplier changes... Yeah, in Medium everything is at 1,0x which might not be very consistnet with the others... But I think that every difficulty looks well in it's own way, so I prefer to keep it unchanged for now :P

Thanks for taking the time to mod this >w<
SapphireGhost
Hi there this is me modding, I'm a bit tired at the moment so hopefully this doesn't sound too awful.

[Easy]
01:12:703 (2) - The curve here is a bit sharp. (cosmetic useless note)
02:50:203 (4) - Pattern here can be a bit confusing for newbies.

[Normal]
01:05:203 (3,4) - This is really confusing ~ try moving one of the loop sliders so they don't overlap like that.
02:20:203 (4,5,6) - Strange anti-jump. I almost hit (5) too early, but I got it so maybe this is a problem and maybe not.

[Hard]
04:06:989 (2) - Why the strange spacing here?

This is the looong fooorgoooteeen star yeah
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

SapphireGhost wrote:

Hi there this is me modding, I'm a bit tired at the moment so hopefully this doesn't sound too awful.

[Easy]
01:12:703 (2) - The curve here is a bit sharp. (cosmetic useless note) xD I made it smoother~
02:50:203 (4) - Pattern here can be a bit confusing for newbies. Yes, it can be - I flipped it vertically, and spread it out so that the mouse flow is more natural

[Normal]
01:05:203 (3,4) - This is really confusing ~ try moving one of the loop sliders so they don't overlap like that. Those loop sliders are really hard to place properly xD but I managed to do something about that.
02:20:203 (4,5,6) - Strange anti-jump. I almost hit (5) too early, but I got it so maybe this is a problem and maybe not. I guess it will be better to separate these

[Hard]
04:06:989 (2) - Why the strange spacing here? Ah, this was intentional - I just think a little slowdown fits with those drums being different from the vocal (which I'm mapping to)

This is the looong fooorgoooteeen star yeah xD
Thanks!
Curisu
[EZ]
01:34:132 (3) - +whistle?
02:09:489 - clap?
04:08:774 (4) - ctrl+r?
04:09:846 (1) - +clap?

[Medium]
00:30:917 (5) - clap ; 00:31:274 (6) - whistle
03:41:274 - vol+10?
03:49:131 - finish
04:02:703 (8) - vol-15

[HD]
03:36:631 (3) - +clap?
04:06:631 (1) - vol-25
04:06:989 (2) - vol-10

+star
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

yangzd88 wrote:

[EZ]
01:34:132 (3) - +whistle?
02:09:489 - clap?
04:08:774 (4) - ctrl+r?
04:09:846 (1) - +clap?

[Medium]
00:30:917 (5) - clap ; 00:31:274 (6) - whistle
03:41:274 - vol+10?
03:49:131 - finish
04:02:703 (8) - vol-15

[HD]
03:36:631 (3) - +clap?
04:06:631 (1) - vol-25
04:06:989 (2) - vol-10

+star
I didn't like any of those suggestions, to be honest... But thanks for the mod anyway!
theowest
FUCKING LOVE THE SONG AND BEATMAP. btw, you're one of the only one who's good at symmetrical beatmaps.

sorry. no mod. too tired to focus. can't really see much to change.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

theowest wrote:

btw, you're one of the only one who's good at symmetrical beatmaps.
Really *o*?
Equivalent_old
Not much I wanna complain, sorry for the late mod too >.<

General:
I think your preview points time is inapproriate >.> There is no vocal there, I suggest at the beginning of kiai time, 03: 53:417. Well, in the end it up to you to decide
Just a minor details; there is white line at left side of bg, it quite small but annoy me much though. Maybe remove those line?
Question: why does play in tags? o.o Is it suppose to be one phrase " dark passion play"?
Custom hitclap: maybe use more? I heard only like a few notes using it

SPOILER
[Colours]
Combo1 : 233,233,233
Combo2 : 66,72,85
Combo3 : 51,53,117
SliderTrackOverride : 230,225,210
SliderBorder : 240,240,240
You surpassed me on those <3 Nevertheless, I don't really like the SliderTrackOverride forcing color, that make it look bad too me. For example: Starting and end is blue, than slidertrack is white. This is personal preferences though, up to you to decide

SliderBorder will be needed as some skin use dark slider border thingy.

Easy:
Opposite RobotoRaccoon suggestion: I found AR3 more appropriate according to the slider speed there.

Normal/Hard:
No issues

Have a star <3
theowest

narakucrimson wrote:

theowest wrote:

btw, you're one of the only one who's good at symmetrical beatmaps.
Really *o*?
FUCKING YES \:D/
tigna
star~
Barney Stinson
STAR
penodav
:Q_ good. "star"
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

Equivalent wrote:

Not much I wanna complain, sorry for the late mod too >.<

General:
I think your preview points time is inapproriate >.> There is no vocal there, I suggest at the beginning of kiai time, 03: 53:417. Well, in the end it up to you to decide Well, I chose 01:38:417. The reason is that your preview is too close to the end of the song, which would pretty much err... "cut" the sense of preview. Also, that part is like, different to the rest of the song. Check the new preview and see if you like it :P
Just a minor details; there is white line at left side of bg, it quite small but annoy me much though. Maybe remove those line? Lool, the RGB colour of that line is 121212, meaning it'salmost black, but it still bothers. Can't believe I have to full submit because of this...
Question: why does play in tags? o.o Is it suppose to be one phrase " dark passion play"? "Dark Passion Play" is the title of the album, which I included in the tags because this is part of the album project.
Custom hitclap: maybe use more? I heard only like a few notes using it Nah, it's just ok the way it is.

SPOILER
[Colours]
Combo1 : 233,233,233
Combo2 : 66,72,85
Combo3 : 51,53,117
SliderTrackOverride : 230,225,210
SliderBorder : 240,240,240
You surpassed me on those <3 Nevertheless, I don't really like the SliderTrackOverride forcing color, that make it look bad too me. For example: Starting and end is blue, than slidertrack is white. This is personal preferences though, up to you to decide
[attachment=0:37f95]screenshot058.jpg[/attachment:37f95]

SliderBorder will be needed as some skin use dark slider border thingy.

Ah, I kind of love how the skin looks. Sorry.

Easy:
Opposite RobotoRaccoon suggestion: I found AR3 more appropriate according to the slider speed there. I kind of like how it looks now, with AR2 :3

Normal/Hard:
No issues

Have a star <3
Thanks for the mod n.n
RandomJibberish
General
I probably would have tick 2'd this, but I am a tick rate megatroll and tick 1 works pretty well so whatevah
I'd suggest keeping breaks consistent across diffs - probably best to map through the third break on the easier two diffs, since those two breaks are pretty close anwyay

Hard
01:04:132 (3) - oops, look like this slider got magically shortened
01:52:346 (1,2) - This overlap seems like pointless ugliness to me. Point the sliders up a bit more so they don't touch?
02:58:774 (1) - Maybe do this to stop the ends touching each other? Looks nicer to me.
03:19:131 - This section is full of those annoying little overlaps. aargh I'm so sorry I have overlap OCD I'll stop now lol

Medium
00:31:453 (7) - This stuck out to me since hard doesn't have any 1/2 in the intro.
01:49:667 (3) - It feels a bit awkward hitting offbeat notes when there's so little in the music to imply them. Move it 1/2 later?
03:04:667 (3) - ^
04:05:203 (3,4) - Not 100% sure about this jump...

Easy
00:54:132 (7) - I'd avoid stacking under sliderends on the easiest diff if I were you.
03:07:882 (3) - Similar to Hard's suggestion - unoverlap the ends.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

RJ wrote:

General
I probably would have tick 2'd this, but I am a tick rate megatroll and tick 1 works pretty well so whatevah xD I like how STR: 1 works, since the music is pretty calm and stuff~
I'd suggest keeping breaks consistent across diffs - probably best to map through the third break on the easier two diffs, since those two breaks are pretty close anwyay Talked about this on irc, I'll keep them :)

Hard
01:04:132 (3) - oops, look like this slider got magically shortened lol, how the heck did this happen? xD
01:52:346 (1,2) - This overlap seems like pointless ugliness to me. Point the sliders up a bit more so they don't touch? Fine, fine~
02:58:774 (1) - Maybe do this to stop the ends touching each other? Looks nicer to me. Yes, looks better indeed.
03:19:131 - This section is full of those annoying little overlaps. aargh I'm so sorry I have overlap OCD I'll stop now lol xDD they don't seems much of a problem to me here :P

Medium
00:31:453 (7) - This stuck out to me since hard doesn't have any 1/2 in the intro. Well, yeah, maybe it isn't a good idea to have this here
01:49:667 (3) - It feels a bit awkward hitting offbeat notes when there's so little in the music to imply them. Move it 1/2 later? I added a 1/1 long slider at 01:49:489. I had problems to apply tyou suggestion due to spacing issues. Hope you like it!
03:04:667 (3) - ^ As before, but now placed two circles stacked.
04:05:203 (3,4) - Not 100% sure about this jump... I added a new combo to make it more readable. However, I kept the jump. Hope you don't mind~

Easy
00:54:132 (7) - I'd avoid stacking under sliderends on the easiest diff if I were you. In fact, I can remove (7) and it still sounds good!
03:07:882 (3) - Similar to Hard's suggestion - unoverlap the ends. Ok, fixed!
Thanks RJ! :D (will update as soon as I can)
Jagang
<3 Nightwish <3 The Islander <3 osu!

i had planed this song a lot of times :D
star because awesome song choice ;)
RandomJibberish
Boom

Argh the minimum post length limit thing really shouldn't apply to bubbling posts but while it does I'll use this opportunity to say that narakucrimson maps, including this one, are pretty damn awesome.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Hahaha xD

Thanks RJ, not only for taking the time to check this, but also for the support :'3
James2250
All of the maps check out nicely

The only problem I have is the overall filesize is pushing it...I suggest you cut the end of the mp3 where the video ends as it continues for quite a long time after the map ends.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
I cut like 30 seconds from the end of the song, but the size will still be quiet big ;~;

Also, as stated on irc, I'll get someone to check the timing again :D
Guzzzzm4n
♥ I Love it. ~
Equivalent_old
The newly cut mp3

You know, I was wondering where did this map go after I see it bubbled, than saw you cut the mp3 yet still not sure about the timing. Above is the mp3 that I've cut, and total time for the new mp3 is 4:18:522 the size of the mp3 now is 4.92Mb. No need to worry about offset/timing because I used foobar to encode and using mp3DirectCut to cut the mp3. The offset will be the original offset = 11632

I hope you like the new mp3 and I hope I really help you in this matter

On the sidenotes, leaving this one here as some computers will indicate VBR as 320kbps

Topic Starter
narakucrimson

Equivalent wrote:

The newly cut mp3

You know, I was wondering where did this map go after I see it bubbled, than saw you cut the mp3 yet still not sure about the timing. Above is the mp3 that I've cut, and total time for the new mp3 is 4:18:522 the size of the mp3 now is 4.92Mb. No need to worry about offset/timing because I used foobar to encode and using mp3DirectCut to cut the mp3. The offset will be the original offset = 11632

I hope you like the new mp3 and I hope I really help you in this matter

On the sidenotes, leaving this one here as some computers will indicate VBR as 320kbps
[attachment=0:c623e]mp3.jpg[/attachment:c623e]
Excellent! The main reason why I'll use it is the file size. The offset was already fine imo anyway :P Thanks!
Equivalent_old
Glad to help you in this matter <3
Your message is too short. Please do not post messages like "star", and make sure you are constructively adding to the thread in question.
Nya~
lolcubes
Alot of words is needed to star a map nowadays, so I had to write this much atleast.

:D

Some minor offset fix, no need to kudo.
Ijah_old
This needs to be ranked :c

Star~

Your message is too short. Please do not post messages like "star", and make sure you are constructively adding to the thread in question.
RandomJibberish
Sorry guys, there's a bubble now.

messagljanslgjnalkdnglaksng
Tenshi-nyan
POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW POP IT NOW
eldnl
The last bubble :c
Star naraku good luck :D
jericho2442
well checked it all and everything seems great. sooooooo enjoy your Heart
Lanttu
Finally~! <3
Mismagius
How can a retarded son of a bitch vote this masterpiece 1...

Sigh.

Haters gonna rate.
Raging Bull
Because it's english and not touhou? :(

Congratulations too!
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Oh it feels nice to get back home and see your map just ranked! :D

Thank you, guys :3

Blue Dragon wrote:

Sigh.

Haters gonna rate.
Aww yeah, that kind of sucks really bad... But who cares I like how the map looks :3
peachiwitch
Congrats~
Very awesome map.<3
~
:D
Rukario

Blue Dragon wrote:

Sigh.

Haters gonna rate.
Can't agree more on this. Awesome map like always naraku^^
lolcubes
Congrats! <3
Wishy
Lol'd at hitcolours + BG. Gave this a 7 because of that, those almost black hits + that dark bg isn't good at all imo. Map is great and how you worked those sliders is awesome.
show more