forum

I find osu much harder to play at night

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
I find the best time to play osu for me is midday, I find it alot easier to watch the screen. When the sun goes down outside (doesnt matter if my light in my room is on or not) suddenly the circles blur alot easier, and it feels like im constantly reading at 10ms delay.

My desktop is under my bed (I have a bunk bed) and a really shitty room light, which means that I have hardly any light other than that from my desktop if theres no light outside. (my setup is next to a window). I guess i can compare it to simply playing osu with the lights off, although maybe some people prefer this. Either way I struggle to look at my screen atm, ive been messing around with brightness/contrast but I can't seem to find a good balance at all. :L (even with brightness and contrast both set at 0. I still struggle to stare at my monitor without squinting or looking away to refocus my eyes. This often happens in the day to, but after ive played osu for a while and it feels like i need to refocus.

I use the benq_xl2411z monitor, if anyone else has found a brightness/contrast that works for them let me know.
Hiro-Senpai
Well maybe simply a weak tireness is hitting u at that time
I can't play either int he evening. Same thing as u said everything is blurry. But trurning on lights helps a lot
Caput Mortuum
Use a darker circle color. Angelmegumin's skin for example.
Ashton
it's provbably because at night your tired and at morning your not tired, but honestly for me it's the opposite at night i'm more warmed up
Railey2
Your eyes are tired, OP. Give it a rest.
N0thingSpecial
Not sure why this is a concern
ithgyu
eat more and healthy and get enough sleep
Hiro-Senpai

ithgyu wrote:

eat more and healthy and get enough sleep
NO, i refuse!! REBEL
TheLonePiggy
*gets 4 hours of sleep on average* sleep is for the weak xd
winber1
that's not the only thing harder at night
Tebz188

TheLonePiggy wrote:

*gets 4 hours of sleep on average* sleep is for the weak xd
As someone who wen't through the second year of HS with pretty much 4 h of sleep per night (or less). I agree!
Caput Mortuum

winber1 wrote:

that's not the only thing harder at night
Um
E m i
Lower brightness and compensate with slight contrast and gamma increases.

I use an asus VG248QE which does have different color presets but I use a non-retarded one so if you do too, it's okay.
You can't exactly do that in the monitor itself, try nvidia/AMD drivers.
I used ati tray tools.
NeXt4r_

Sylveon wrote:

I find the best time to play osu for me is midday, I find it alot easier to watch the screen. When the sun goes down outside (doesnt matter if my light in my room is on or not) suddenly the circles blur alot easier, and it feels like im constantly reading at 10ms delay.

My desktop is under my bed (I have a bunk bed) and a really shitty room light, which means that I have hardly any light other than that from my desktop if theres no light outside. (my setup is next to a window). I guess i can compare it to simply playing osu with the lights off, although maybe some people prefer this. Either way I struggle to look at my screen atm, ive been messing around with brightness/contrast but I can't seem to find a good balance at all. :L (even with brightness and contrast both set at 0. I still struggle to stare at my monitor without squinting or looking away to refocus my eyes. This often happens in the day to, but after ive played osu for a while and it feels like i need to refocus.

I use the benq_xl2411z monitor, if anyone else has found a brightness/contrast that works for them let me know.
nah you just watch TOO MANY circle
but like the other if you are tired SLEEP
7ambda
If you have bad vision like me, you know how that feels.
NeXt4r_

F1r3tar wrote:

If you have bad vision like me, you know how that feels.
how it fells?
7ambda

faiswusuf wrote:

how it fells?
NeXt4r_
i see, thanks
Banbeucmas
Tbh I play better at night
Yuudachi-kun

F1r3tar wrote:

faiswusuf wrote:

how it fells?