forum

Sort bubbles by how old they are [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Ekaru
For non-bubbles, SP has its uses, believe it or not. It's generally a gauge of how much a map has been looked at.

However, all bubbles, in theory, are of the same quality, waiting to be ranked. There are quite a few bubbles that are over 2 weeks old that are waiting to be looked at. SP is overall ignored at the bubble stage, and is doing more bad than good for some maps.

I propose that bubbles are sorted by the oldest at the top and the youngest at the bottom, with non-bubbles being sorted by SP as usual. Those who wait patiently would eventually make their way to the top of the bubble list.

At the very least it'd be painfully obvious when a bubble needs to be looked at since it'd be right there in everyone's faces, and it'd be a more useful way of sorting bubbles than what we currently have. It'd also put peer pressure on some MATs and some BATs to take care of those old bubbles, because the mapper has been waiting patiently to have their map looked at.

Note: it'd have to go by when the bubble was made and not the last post, because that could be screwed up by a "I checked it out, no problems. STAR!" post.
Shino
Completely agree.
For example: My Deep Sea Girl got rebubbled 2 months ago and left alone from that day.
Too sad I don't have any star on request space now.
James2250
I agree (and it has been discussed in various places before as well)

Sorting bubbles by date would be more useful for both mappers and modders and hopefully motivate people to check the older bubbles first (or at least have some sort of toggle to change them from SP to time bubbled?)
peppy
This would already be the case if it was simple to implement. An easy solution would be to remove star priority after a bubble is applied; any comments on this?
Ephemeral

peppy wrote:

This would already be the case if it was simple to implement. An easy solution would be to remove star priority after a bubble is applied; any comments on this?
and then sorting the remaining bubbles with the oldest dates first?
Beuchi
That might work, I guess if the SP dissapears the bubbles will get sorted by latest post like any other forum thread, right?

However it's done, I totally support this. I only check month old bubbles and I have quite a few maps in a list (and I ranked some more maps lately too), I don't think it should be like that :(
James2250

Beuchi-chan wrote:

That might work, I guess if the SP dissapears the bubbles will get sorted by latest post like any other forum thread, right?
But then won't the random "star!" posts mess up the order?
Beuchi

James2250 wrote:

But then won't the random "star!" posts mess up the order?
From what I've seen, not ALL the highest priority maps get flooded with star posts. I think it might work a bit better than what we have now (and it seems to be a quick and temporal change while peppy tries to implement the one the OP requests :?: ) and I guess it doesn't hurt to try it o.o
Topic Starter
Ekaru

peppy wrote:

That would work. You could just go to the last page and start from there. There's an announcement in Pending saying that pure "STAR!" posts can be deleted if anyone's worried about that, though it's not that much of a problem. Only really popular song/mappers get spammed that much, and those are usually easy to get ranked anyways.

That would do, yes.
galvenize
How about automatically locking the thread after it got its bubble (with star rating removed of course)? Allowing only BATs to post in it. No need for further useless star posts.

Anyways, I totally agree with the OP, forgotten bubbled maps will recieve justice :p.
ziin
make a new bubbled forum. IDK if there's an easy way to hide star rating without removing it completely.

Bubbles are really only useful for a handful of people to check, and having all bubbles in the same forum means you can sort any which way you want, including sort by oldest. The BATs are smart enough to figure out how to sort things.
Shohei Ohtani

galvenize wrote:

How about automatically locking the thread after it got its bubble (with star rating removed of course)? Allowing only BATs to post in it. No need for further useless star posts.

Anyways, I totally agree with the OP, forgotten bubbled maps will recieve justice :p.
nope.avi

not all MAT/Regular player posts are useless posts. I've found quite a few unrankable errors in bubbled maps, or half-assy things. MATs would probably find more things than I can. So like, it's useful to have them open to be allowed for further modding.

Also, with approval maps, people might want to go BAT/MAT/BAT to get it ranked. Locking would force people to go MAT/BAT/BAT or BAT/BAT/BAT
Stefan
I think that this Request isn't neccessary anymore because...

It actually prevent that bubbled Maps gets forgotten/lost and mostly the Mapper wents to a BAT directly. Well, mostly ofc.
TheVileOne
I don't really think this idea is even relevant anymore. We have enough active BATs to manage the bubbles.