forum

New Addition: Achievements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Check your profile to see which ones you have earned. There are currently only max combo based achievements available, but this will definitely expand over the coming weeks. Achievements are awarded after you pass a song, and this will happen retrospectively.

Please note that achievements can be earned in both ranked and approved maps. They will be visible in osu! when you achieve them in the coming version, all going well.
Gemi
Yet another great addition! Way to go peppy!
Remco32
Nice!
Anywhere to look up the earn able achievements, or do we just find out?
Topic Starter
peppy
I'm thinking they will be on an as-you-find basis. Will probably replace unachieved with "?" blocks on the profile!
Confirming that this will be in the next osu! build on the ranking popup dialog.
Loginer
What the hell, peppy? Stop making osu! so awesome when I can't even play it. D:
Also, do it the 360 way instead: Most achievements have a description that tells you how to earn them, while some of them are secret. It's not fun to strive for something if you don't know what you're supposed to do.
Gemi
Basic achievements like combo and and amount of SSH/SS/SH/S ranks etc etc could be documented and more surprising ones could be secret.
Topic Starter
peppy

Loginer wrote:

What the hell, peppy? Stop making osu! so awesome when I can't even play it. D:
Also, do it the 360 way instead: Most achievements have a description that tells you how to earn them, while some of them are secret. It's not fun to strive for something if you don't know what you're supposed to do.
This is the plan :).
ichikam
sounds awesome, this is the kind of thing that gets me even more addicted. certainly worked when valve brought out tf2 achievements :D
Behon
Just a note: It might be a better idea to give achievement notifications after the song, not during it. It could be a fatal distraction on hard maps.
Topic Starter
peppy

Behonkiss wrote:

Just a note: It might be a better idea to give achievement notifications after the song, not during it. It could be a fatal distraction on hard maps.
This is how it works.

peppy wrote:

Achievements are awarded after you pass a song...
Behon
D'oh.

In any case, would you like a .wav of the 360 achievement noise?
Metroid
Can you make song specific achievements? Like one for marisa?

And maybe you make the mascot(Pippi) jump for joy and say something at the end to show you've got a achievement. :P

I'm just throwing this out their.
Meracath
Achevement Unlocked: PARAPARA!!!!!!

You were able to beat Parapara

^ Never gunna happen for me, sooooooooooooo hard >_<

(ideas FTW)
awp
Shit, I need to 3000-combo Parapara again
Kodora
Peppy, this is AWESOME. Realy. But, i am think that it would be better if you will write how to take achivements. Because i will not try complete all songs on all difficulties to find 2 achivements.
Saturos
Oh don't worry, they will be structured much better in the future. The 4 now are basically teasers.
Topic Starter
peppy

Chaos_Control wrote:

Peppy, this is AWESOME. Realy. But, i am think that it would be better if you will write how to take achivements. Because i will not try complete all songs on all difficulties to find 2 achivements.
I have added descriptions now.
Kodora
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Moofey
Don't let the bunny distract you!
Shit. Does this mean osu! is getting toasties like DDR?
Loginer

Moofey wrote:

Don't let the bunny distract you!
Shit. Does this mean osu! is getting toasties like DDR?
I hate the toasties. They must burn in hell. Guess 31Gabe will w00t, though.
Unless that's not it.
show more