forum

Getting to know the osu! community

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hear_old_1
Hello!
My name is Hear and I would like to get even deeper into getting to know the osu! community.
I know many topics on the forums are slightly stereotypical questions;
Name origin, How did you find osu! and even what your avatar means.
Imagine this forum post as a job interview on way or another. I will post simply my response and questions here and I hope you would enjoy taking part and doing so yourself!
Thank you, again for also taking time out of your day to read this as well.

What's your name?
Where are you from?
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now?
What's your favourite colour?
How did you get into 'osu!'?
Would you say osu! made you more social?
Is there any players you look up to?
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL?

Feel free to answer them all or which ever ones you are most comfortable! :D

What's your name? Ahri
Where are you from? Canada
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? I did not! Nor did I think I would be playing for so long.
What's your favourite colour? Pastel Purple
How did you get into 'osu!'? I got into osu by a friends stream http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Sneaky. I was in it already but he got me further into it.
Would you say osu! made you more social? I would! I use to be really content with my speech or anything. Meeting many people here with common interests have really helped!
Is there any players you look up to? Ztrot, Deadbeat and doomsday. Ztrot's mapping is godlike, Deadbeats forums are extensive and Doomsday seem like a positive player that just seems fun to be around or to talk to! :oops:
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? My goals is graphic designing or even being a writer/author.

Thank you for reading this...EXTENSIVE post!
I hope you will enjoy taking place and participating. Thank you for the support!
Tae
But... isn't this very similar to t/149513?
Topic Starter
Hear_old_1

Almaz wrote:

But... isn't this very similar to t/149513?
It is very similar, You are correct.
But, My questions are different.
The forum you have linked mainly mentions about your more personal details.
I suppose mine is more forgiving on personal privacy in a way.
Just as well as many others have questionnaires. It's a common post to ask on all forum sites.
Railey2

well, I'm sold......

anyway, since its common courtesy to point out that posts really do belong everywhere except where you put them, I'll follow up on Almaz's spirit and say: I think your posts belongs here -> 8

I'd ask your age but its on your profile already.

uh

what do you mean you used to be content with your speech?
Rurree
hentai enthusiast hahaha

btw GD is for non-osu topics only.
Runiel
Holy shit, you actually put effort into this thread, cool

OT: hi
Chaosemerald
Well, it looks like I'm the only one who's actually going to answer those questions

What's your name?: Just call me Chaos
Where are you from?: Denmark
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now?: Nope. I actually hated Taiko when I started playing osu! because it was too hard. Now I'm in the top 5000.. not really special, but it certainly is something
What's your favourite colour?: Dark green and light blue!
How did you get into 'osu!'?: Can't really remember
Would you say osu! made you more social?: Idk.. I don't have a lot of friends here :/
Is there any players you look up to?: Definitely Doomsday. He's such an awesome dude and one of the few players, I actually enjoy watching on Twitch
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL?: osu! goals: Become better at Mania, I guess. / irl goals: Learn Python and become a programmer
Adorn
I'll answer them as well.

What's your name?: Vee/Virginia
Where are you from?: TN. (U.S.A.)
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now?: I expected myself to improve, yes, but not so quickly.
What's your favourite colour?: Grey.
How did you get into 'osu!'?: A friend introduced me to it.
Would you say osu! made you more social?: I was social before this but I've made some friends here, sure.
Is there any players you look up to? I'm a fan of HappyStick and that's really all I follow.
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL?: osu! goals: Maybe to become part of the staff when I turn 18. I haven't really brainstormed any goals lately. // IRL: College, college, college.
Sandy Hoey
What's your name? Cameron
Where are you from? Californiaaaaaa, suuuuhhhhh dude
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? no way. My friend was 2000 pp and I thought he was the best player ever
What's your favorite color? Blue
How did you get into 'osu!'? My friend pestered me until I gave in and got addicted
Would you say osu! made you more social? Not really. I'm pretty lonely everywhere I go...
Is there any players you look up to? Doomsday: the mouse God
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? I really want to get into the University of Rochester. I'm a senior now, so its all I think about
Rurree
What's your name?: Mathew
Where are you from?: Philippines
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now?: Always thought I'd suck at CTB for the rest of my life, now I'm at least decent.
What's your favourite colour?: Black, white, pink
How did you get into 'osu!'?: Asked for free-to-play games in a different forum
Would you say osu! made you more social?: Didn't make much of a difference, I've always been social my whole life, besides my down time back in 8th grade.
Is there any players you look up to?: ExGon
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL?: Become better at CTB, become a staff -- IRL goals: Become a journalist and get into a great university.
DeletedUser_6709840
Oh sure, why not

What's your name?: Catrina, call me Roseus
Where are you from? United States
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now?: No, but I'm still a scrub
What's your favourite colour?: Purple
How did you get into 'osu!'?: Yandere Simulator and friend recommendation
Would you say osu! made you more social?: Yes
Is there any players you look up to?: - Magic Bomb - as a player and mapper, he means a lot to me as a friend as well. A lot of the BNs inspire me as well.
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL?: I want to be able to read AR 9
ciara_old_1
What's your name? Jessica
Where are you from? Canada
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? Nah, I thought I'll play a few songs then quit forever
What's your favourite colour? Purple
How did you get into 'osu!'? Someone told me about the game
Would you say osu! made you more social? Not more social but not less
Is there any players you look up to? No, I'm not that passionate about this game to actually see other people play
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? I'm lacking motivation to actually even play this game. I'm also really busy with irl stuff so I never made myself any goals in osu! My main goal IRL is to find what interests me the most and what I want to do for uni
AUS-teisciitb
What's your name? John
Where are you from? Australia, and proud of it
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? no, I honestly never thought I would make it past 400k, and now I'm at 160k and climbing
What's your favourite colour? Blue, or Grey
How did you get into 'osu!'? I got bored and decided I was sick of "normal games" (FPS or RPG etc.) so I decided to try Rhythm and well... osu! happened :)
Would you say osu! made you more social? not really
Is there any players you look up to? Doomsday, Gero (love his maps)
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? to be a five digit player, and get decent at mania
Runiel
Okay, time to answer these

What's your name? Daniel
Where are you from? Indonesia, not proud, very sad
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? I used to only play easy maps and think that hard maps are impossible. So no, i never thought that i would reach my current rank
What's your favourite colour? Crimson Red
How did you get into 'osu!'? A friend of mine showed me osu! a few months ago. Started playing actively since about 2 months ago.
Would you say osu! made you more social? No.
Is there any players you look up to? Surume Yotyan (Made me motivated to play more), and Cookiezi (He's not even human, i wanna be him)
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? In osu!i wanted to reach top 10.000 players worldwide (seems impossible at the current moment), and in real life, i want to get in on one of my country's top university
Acr0h
Well let me try this too!

What's your name? Frederik (try and pronounce that english/outlandish people! XD)

Where are you from? Denmark

Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? well no just kinda started playing maps for fun and getting dem ss's but here i am now!

What's your favourite colour? got no favorite color really likes almost all but i have been getting tired of blue recently.

How did you get into 'osu!'? my friends friend played it and i tried it but quit. later i made this account and been hooked ever since!

Would you say osu! made you more social? meh on one side yes because of the online friends on the other no irl friends so :/.

Is there any players you look up to? well mayoi hachikuji and angelmegumin and also rrtyui

What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? my goal in osu is getting top 10000 right now. my dream is top 100 so gotta take awhile.
What's your name? Atwood, but please call me 2015071 in osu
Where are you from? Hong Kong
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? I don't care
What's your favourite colour? Blue
How did you get into 'osu!'? Peer pressure
Would you say osu! made you more social? If becoming a cancerous shitposter counts as social then yes
Is there any players you look up to? I don't give a fuck
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? Shitpost
T3R0
What's your name? Marc

Where are you from? Connecticut, US

Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? Never really played for rank just to improve myself.

What's your favourite colour? Blue

How did you get into 'osu!'? Think that I saw a random YouTube video, had played stepmania before so fit right in

Would you say osu! made you more social? Not anymore than I was before

Is there any players you look up to? Halogen-

What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? Own a buissness and get into top 1000 for osu mania.
Topic Starter
Hear_old_1

Railey2 wrote:

well, I'm sold......

anyway, since its common courtesy to point out that posts really do belong everywhere except where you put them, I'll follow up on Almaz's spirit and say: I think your posts belongs here -> 8

I'd ask your age but its on your profile already.

uh

what do you mean you used to be content with your speech?
Ah, Sorry I did this wrong then as I am new to the forums. I'll be sure to remember!
Content with my speech basically meant I was uncomfortable talking to people, I kept it on the down low and never really felt I needed to talk. I'm very subconscious of anything I do, So I suppose that might've helped? :?
mokyu
󠀡
Galkan
Topic moved to Introductions.
Bara-
Hey! Welcome to the forums, my answers

What's your name? Barry
Where are you from? Netherlands
Did you ever think you'd hit the rank you are at now? Not at all. #4 on the Dutch rankings for Taiko is something I'd never expect
What's your favourite colour? Red
How did you get into 'osu!'? A gameplay video on youtube
Would you say osu! made you more social? Yes, definitely
Is there any players you look up to? GN-, MillhioreF, Ekoro, their EZ skills are amazing
What are your goals, in osu! or IRL? Able to pass every map with EZ only (I've already passed Image Material and quite some other 6-7* maps though)
Hikona
Hey welcome to the forums!