forum

Possible new game mode [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Mithos
Here is my idea:

A vertical shooter game mode. If you don't know what a vertical shooter is, think of touhou. Anyways, I got this idea from a a bunch of people who are actually taking touhou, and hacking it so it is synced to certain songs. I was like "what if a rhythm game was like this?" and then I knew. This game already has made some epic steps in making single beatmaps compatible with 3 game modes, so this was the game I thought of. This game has a huge touhou fanbase (see the video game section of beatmaps), all the more reason to implement it.

There would be different types of patterns for the auto adjust, all with some type of regulator to make sure it is physically possible. The faster the hit circles close in, the faster the bullets spread. Spinners could be replaced by targets you have to touch with your character, all of which in an order within a time limit. They would be randomly placed around the screen and during that time no bullets will be present. Score could be done two ways:

1) Hitting the "enemy". Most if not all of the enemy bullets will spawn at the point(s) of the enemy, and points are awarded for hitting the enemy. You could be controlling one of the osu! characters (the characters on the banner), and you could be fighting another one.

2) "Grazing" bullets. In most shooters you have two hit boxes. One big circle and a smaller circle in the bigger one. If a bullet lands in the bigger circle, you get bonus points, but if they land in the smaller circle, you get damaged. In this mode, the standard HP drain system is in place, and in order to bring it up you need to graze bullets. the more you graze, the higher your score gets. If you don't graze, you will die from the HP drain, and if you get hit by a bullet, you will just lose HP as if you missed a note.

The only thing I am not sure of is how bullets will spawn on beatmaps made for regular osu. Please add to this idea :D
adam2046