forum

Playing CTB with default control settings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Buster
Anyone play ctb with default control setting?
autofanboy
Left and right arrow keys but Space Bar for dashing
Bronhitis
I think that its the best to play with default settings - left and right arrow to move and shift for dash
Rurree
Not really, for people like who seats close to the desk, using default settings forces me to cramp my arms thus making it difficult to play Overdose maps. I prefer 4 and 6 then tab for dash (I use both my left index and middle finger for my dash)
Caput Mortuum
I use the default settings, with my pinky on shift
Kimitakari
me
-[Shady]-
Always have done
Niyani
me too.
MBomb
I use j and l rather than arrow keys, but my only reason for that is that when i originally started playing, i was using a keyboard where i had broken the right arrow key, and then i just got used to it
nya10
I'll use default setting if my arrow key is not faulty (I used that in my old laptop, but the right arrow key in my new laptop likes to get off from the his button itself).

I'm using p and ] for arrow and left shift for dash
DeletedUser_6709840
I use default because nothing else feels comfortable as a key setting to play
45Traeath
Changed from 'LShift' to '<' (or '\' depending on keyb') because I once tried to have fun spamming default Dash, but then the remanent key *#!t popped up.
HyakkiSama
4 & 6 Z for Dash me
CrescendoFuri
Nope, I don't even use my keyboard for CtB, I use a Xbox controller. Analogue is move, A is Dash, and then some basic bindings are set to other buttons.
maxlid3
Arrow Keys for Left and Right but with left hand and NumPad 0 with right hand
Sunkiss
I didn’t at first, I used the space bar for dash for 3 years but now I switched back to default settings.
LyronXXX
Recently had to switch from default settings because I kinda broke my keyboard from playing….
Now I use (page up) (page down), which are the two keys just above the arrow keys and it works just as fine.
qwt
I play with the 4 and 6 keys on keypad and Q to dash
AmnesiaSilence
A and S for movement and numpad 6 to dash.
He Ang CTB
For me it is:

Catcher | Keyboard | Finger
Left | Left Arrow | Right Index
Right | Up Arrow | Right Middle
Dash | Left Alt | Left Middle

Reason is my right hand controls direction & is 45 degrees to the keyboard, left/right arrow cause strain on my wrist so left/up is more natural. Left alt is for left hand dash because it's mirror image exact distance as my right hand. Use index + middle finger because ring finger feels less mobile, middle finger for dash because it's longer & more actuation force than index finger.
Ycro
My Style:

Left:Numpad2
Right:Numpad3
Dash:Numpad1 or Switch Key.
Edgar_Figaro
My Keybinds:

Left: Z
Right: C
Dash: Left Mouse Click

(I started out using arrows so Index & Ring Finger is more comfortable than Index & Middle Finger for movement. Also I am left-handed so I like my movement on my left hand)
E-man
I do left and right arrow keys, but dash with w