forum

Beatmap loading problems [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hoozimajiget
Alright, since the new Osu! build b1802 many of the beatmaps I have will not load properly for some unknown reason causing the need to force kill Osu! and restart it. This problem I have found in any beatmap that Osu! searches for and does not load instantly (shows osu scanning through the song folder looking for maps )

The problem happens regardless if it is a beatmap that I haven't played or one that I have played previously.
I have tried re-downloading and reloading some songs into Osu! that I have had the problem with but the same error occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.
peppy
Does it stop on the same map each time?
Topic Starter
hoozimajiget
Yes it goes through the map search process then stops on the map leaving the loading/searching icon still in the middle with no way of starting to play a map or anything.

At first Osu reported audio load error but then I just re-downloaded those maps and everything was fine. After that I was looking for more maps that repeated the problem in case it was an extraction issue that I just had but I found many maps would do the same thing even if I re-downloaded the .osz and for these ones Osu reports no error and just stalls.
YGOkid8
i'm having same problem. i made a video, if that helps.
http://puu.sh/1o6B
where i stopped, it basically stays like that, and i have to close osu!

if i recall, this happens because i've put the songs within another folder in the Songs folder.
so for example, the song in the video, the file location would be:

C:/Program Files/osu!/Songs/Beatmap Pack #0309/19418 Aya Kamiki w TAKUYA - W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~ (TV Size)

EDIT: put forward slashes instead of backward ones, since i can't for some reason
Topic Starter
hoozimajiget
Ya that is exactly what happens (in your video) but it happens for both maps not in a folder in the song folder as well =X, I'm going to start massing beatmap osz's just in case i need to fully re-install and reload everything.
macttt
Hello,I have the same problem of this situation.
When I click any diff of the song,OSU! is forced to do a full process of my beatmaps.
and it's none use of redownloading this beatmap :O.
BTW the song is "8284 Hatsune Miku - Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu".
Version of OSU! is bulid 1802.
Sorry for my poor english.

Derekku
I'm still trying to figure out how to replicate this... I was deleting some old/unranked beatmaps in my song list. Then, I got to one of my own songs and accidentally clicked on it. osu! started to refresh my song list for some unknown reason (giving no errors), but then froze up and I had to kill osu!.

I tried to check the song again, and halfway through refreshing the song list osu! kicked me out to the main menu and continued refreshing. o.o

I took the "offending" beatmap's folder out of /Songs, put it back, and now osu! is happy. However, now I can't test to replicate. Will ticket this once I have more details.
YGOkid8

Derekku wrote:

I took the "offending" beatmap's folder out of /Songs, put it back, and now osu! is happy.
so are you suggesting that we do this, or we keep waiting for a possible fix first?
i wouldn't mind trying that out if it wasn't for the fact my osu! Songs folder is 35.2GB :P
peppy
Can't replicate this in the latest test build. Please try doing so!
Mavok

Derekku wrote:

I took the "offending" beatmap's folder out of /Songs, put it back, and now osu! is happy.
I have same problem and it works. Just cut out folder that causes problem and paste it in other directory, run osu! and make full map process. When it's done just leave the game get ur folder back and again full process. Takes few minutes, but there's no other solution I think.

Thanks, Derekku.

EDIT:
I don't have any *debug*.txt files there.
peppy
Keep in mind there may be a file called "debug-import.txt" in your osu! folder with useful information you can paste here.
YGOkid8
i got a video-debug.txt, but that's it unfortunately
macttt
#x.#R: Cannot find central directory
在 #x.#xb.#Pn()
在 #x.#xb..ctor(String )
在 #x.#Pc.#Wr(String , String , #Qc , #Rc , String , String , Boolean )
在 #ge.#ii.#ZX()

debug-import.txt file of the OSU! folder
peppy
As per sifter ticket, this should be resolved in the latest test build.
Topic Starter
hoozimajiget
Been running through with the test build, and so far the issue isn't appearing so the next build release should be fine in regards to this I'm guessing :)
YGOkid8
same, it's working now :)
macttt
that's great work :D
ibun
ummm im having this issue too, but only on specific beatmaps with videos
Death

MelonCupquakez wrote:

ummm im having this issue too, but only on specific beatmaps with videos

Please create a new thread for your issue, this one is 9 years old.