forum

I'm a bit confused for this moment... Please explain? CTB

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ninjajake9
So recently I've been playing a lot, and I mean A LOT. and upped my rank about 300ish today. I do super well on a song, Specifically my last song. Then my rank drops by 50. BY 50! It doesn't seem like that much to most people I assume, but its taking me a lot of good games to get about 100pp I think? its close to that, but I'm not sure on the exact number. But can somebody please explain why it dropped by that much? I'm a bit miffed about the whole situation.. :(
Sandy Hoey
One reason you could be losing ranks is because other people are passing you in ranks, which happens pretty often. Especially at lower levels.

As for the pp, all of your plays are weighted. So they never give you all the pp it says it is worth. You can see the weights of each of your best plays on your user page. The thing is that when you get a new best play, all of the other plays are worth less and therefore you will rarely see huge jumps in pp. At some point, you're going to have to start playing more difficult maps to earn the same amount of pp.
Kimitakari
When youre playing osu!std maps youre not getting any pp at all if you play easier maps, this is the huge reason why are you dropping your ranks preety fast. I could count the another reason is that youre a bit inactive but youre not. You should play a lot of these maps instead of osu!std maps (There are some osu!std maps witch it will give you something but it takes time to find it). You should train not only your nerves and your fingers but also reaction, memory and patience once youll reach the same level as me you can FC some 3* osu!std maps like She Runs, Mynarco Addiction and so on. Simply short: play more and play harder maps only on osu!catch mapsets.
Topic Starter
ninjajake9
I've been playing at max 4.5 start maps and trying to fc or ss 3 star maps. I'm currently 4383 in rank so the reason I'm miffed is because I'm just like " HELL YEAH DID GREAT ON THIS, wait what i lost 50 rank. " Also i do see how people can pass me in rank but it's just really late where I'm at and i found it kinda weird to see. Anyways. Thank you for explaining guys :3
Jesper
People pass you while you play and it couses you to drop ranks,
Happens all the time while you sleep.