forum

Shuffle Project

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tribow
I thought I'd share a sort've project I've been doing.
This is not a project for a pack or a project for a specific song.
This is a project for a series of beatmaps I'll be creating over time.

Basically for the Shuffle project, I have over 400 songs in my music library. These songs vary from Jazz, Metal, House, and all the way to stuff like Speedcore.
I choose one of these songs to map by clicking shuffle on my music player. Any song that comes up first, no matter what it is, I will at least try to make a beatmap for it.
All of these beatmaps will be for osu!mania since that is the only mode I'm any good at in this game.
The goal is to make 1 difficulty at the least. I might make more difficulties for the song if requested.

There are actually 4 songs already done for this project, one of them I've attempted to go for rank. These songs are:
t+pazolite - Welcome to My Crisis
Mizune - Drink Together!
cYsmix - Final Destination
Maritumix - -Samsara-

The reason why I'm sharing this project now is because I've realized that I'm not aiming for ranked on majority of these maps, so there isn't much attention being brought to them. This means that the maps might not ever be modded, or even get any feedback.
I want the maps to be as enjoyable as they can be, and I don't see myself as an incredibly good mapper. I might not notice some issues others do.

Plus, I thought it would be fun if other people who might really like the songs could make guest difficulties if they wanted to. At the very least there won't be one difficulty for these maps, and there will be different creative hands on them if someone decides they wanted to make a guest difficulty for the songs.

What's more, I'm actually doing this without much knowledge of the beatmapping community.
This is my first actual thread on the osu forum.
I might not know some of the terms used for beatmaps and I certainly don't know much players in general. What better way to insert yourself into the community than sharing your project?

So what do you think? Am I being stupid for doing this? Is this something you'd actually be interested in seeing how far I go with this? Who is this Tribow guy coming out of nowhere?
I'll answer any questions and whatnot below!
Bara-
Sounds like a fun idea! Good luck mapping all 400 songs!!
Topic Starter
Tribow

Bara- wrote:

Sounds like a fun idea! Good luck mapping all 400 songs!!
Thanks!
I'm not aiming for all the songs though. I'm really aiming for introducing a lot more music to the community because I feel there's a lot of the same old artists and types of songs everywhere.
I'd like to change that at least a little.
Topic Starter
Tribow
Currently working on t+pazolite - Drunk Crunk Franken

(not really sure how I should format this so I'll be announcing whatever track I work on next in the thread for now)
Topic Starter
Tribow
WHEW

Okay it took me quite a bit, but t+pazolite - Drunk Crunk Franken is finally done!
I will consider this to be my halloween map.

Wanna make a guest difficulty, feel like there's something wrong with the map? Go ahead and mod or make a GD!
This was a pretty intense song to map.

AS FOR THE NEXT SONG IN THE SHUFFLE PROJECT, I won't be starting it just yet, but I'll upload it anyway.

The shuffle gods have chosen tanigon - Naive Face

I took the liberty of timing it and getting a picture already, I have yet to actually start it though. We're doing jazz this time!