forum

Tablet: Wrist or Arm

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hishiro Chizuru
Hey all,

so I was watching an osu stream today, when I noticed that the streamer played with his wrist laying on the edge of the tablet and only using his wrist to move around.

I got curious as this is completely different to my playstyle, using my whole arm to move around with minimal wrist movement.

So I looked around and lo and behold, pretty much everyone plays with this style.

Speaking of which, I noticed I always fail longer maps (longer than 3 minutes) because my arm gets too tired and starts shaking like crazy, which I am now correlating to my arm-based playstyle.

So should I change my playstyle to a wrist movement based one? I've only been using a tablet for a couple weeks so it wouldn't be a tremendous pain to relearn how to play.

I'd like to hear from other tablet players (sorry mouse users!) what they think
cetrei
I would try to use both, as when I solely depended on my wrist it began to hurt after 30 mins of playing. I make most of my movements with my wrist, but generally I move my arm when the action moves to a different 1/3rd of the screen.
Topic Starter
Hishiro Chizuru

cetrei wrote:

I would try to use both, as when I solely depended on my wrist it began to hurt after 30 mins of playing. I make most of my movements with my wrist, but generally I move my arm when the action moves to a different 1/3rd of the screen.
oh man, I was so focused on one or the other I completely overlooked using both! :P

That might be a possibility, but I just tried it out and it feels super awkward trying to coordinate both my wrist muscles and arm muscles to land on the correct place during cross screen jumps ;-;

That might be another reason why so many top players use wrists only, ask it's easier to do long jumps with just one wrist movement rather than adjusting your arm and wrist simultaneously.

But then again, I haven't tried your playstyle enough so who am I to judge :p

Thanks for your input, I'll keep the duo of arm and wrist in mind!
Veross

amb1d3x wrote:

So should I change my playstyle to a wrist movement based one?
No you probably shouldn't, everybody have their own way of playing the game :p :) . Just use the play style YOU find the most comfortable

For exemple : I play with my tablet oriented at 90° (When you turn it counter-clockwise),
Even though It's weird, fucks my wrist, I still wouldn't change my play style

:D :) Hope this helps !!
Topic Starter
Hishiro Chizuru

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

amb1d3x wrote:

So should I change my playstyle to a wrist movement based one?
No you probably shouldn't, everybody have their own way of playing the game :p :) . Just use the play style YOU find the most comfortable

For exemple : I play with my tablet oriented at 90° (When you turn it counter-clockwise),
Even though It's weird, fucks my wrist, I still wouldn't change my play style

:D :) Hope this helps !!
90°

. . . wat O.o

Wow that's weird :P I do find my playstyle comfortable when relaxed and ready, but I get tired way to fast ;-;

On top of that, doing cross screen jumps are a pain, as sweeping my whole arm in less than a second back and forth seems counter intuitive to getting good :P

In fact, cross screen jumps are mainly the only reason I'm thinking of changing my style, because my arm getting tired can be fixed by playing more, but no matter how many times I practice, using my arm to sweep across the screen for jumps is never consistent ;-;

Thanks for your response though, and respect for sticking with your weird (but oddly cool if you think about it) playstyle :P
deidarabochi
personally i mostly use wrist only. i only use the arm for full-map jumps, which i don't see very often because i mostly play 4.5*-5.5* maps

my tablet has an active area of 8"x5" btw
Snow901

deidarabochi wrote:

personally i mostly use wrist only. i only use the arm for full-map jumps, which i don't see very often because i mostly play 4.5*-5.5* maps

my tablet has an active area of 8"x5" btw
I do this same thing: wrist for pretty much everything, but utilize arm for hitting long jumps.