forum

Single tap , Streams , are they related ?

posted
Total Posts

Do you think that

getting better in single tap helps with Streaming
25.00%
getting better in streams helps with single taping
6.67%
Both
13.33%
single tapping and streaming are 2 independent skills
55.00%
Total votes: 60
Topic Starter
rekhichem
Hi everyone I was just curious about what osu players thinks about streaming and single tapping , and if they think that they are related or not.
(also I am asking this because I m lazy to train both skills lmao)
Zain Sugieres
being able to singletap fast doesn't mean you will be good on streams. Both need different technique and are independent from eachother
Topic Starter
rekhichem

Zain Sugieres wrote:

being able to singletap fast doesn't mean you will be good on streams. Both need different technique and are independent from eachother
not even a little bit ? :c
Yolshka
This is probably way more complicated than this, unnecessarily for the most part.
Single tapping does improve your streaming, proper singletapping that is.
Most people use wrists and arm to support their singletap speed,which is fine, though if you look at the doomsday for example it's all finger.
You can try it out, pick a stream map, put HT on, and try to singletap it with your main finger, while holding your other finger down on another key.
Alternators can also levitate their wrists making their alternating motion different from streaming but I guess it's preference.
I've had a conversation about this recently, i've tried pretty much both, but I singletap with wrists.
Xyrus_old_1
Single tap is unrelated to streaming if you only alternate.

Yolshka wrote:

Alternators can also levitate their wrists making their alternating motion different from streaming but I guess it's preference.
Ironically, I use fingers only to alternate 1/3, 1/4 and 1/6 beats, but I prefer using my wrist for 1/2 notes.
[Haku]
I think that single tap help for stream. Only about speed of course.
Veross
Both are not related to each other, they require 2 different type of *Control*.

I never single tapped in my whole life , and I'm still pretty OK at streams
Hishiro Chizuru
Just be like this guy and single tap everything

NixXSkate
Depends on your method of streaming, if you use individual finger movements, then no, they're independent from each other in long streams. HOWEVER, being fast at singletapping will DEFINITELY help when starting streams in a fast song, whether it be from singletapping to streams or triples/streams to triples/streams.
Topic Starter
rekhichem

NixXSkate wrote:

Depends on your method of streaming, if you use individual finger movements, then no, they're independent from each other in long streams. HOWEVER, being fast at singletapping will DEFINITELY help when starting streams in a fast song, whether it be from singletapping to streams or triples/streams to triples/streams.
Thanks for that information :o I will take it in consideration.