forum

New Addition: Approved Maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Up until now, any map which is completed but denied ranking for one reason or another has been left to rot in the graveyard or help forum. Reasons such as excessive length (>5mins), excessive score (>20mil) or just way too hard have cursed these songs to eternal doom. Now they have their own place.

Approved Maps are a new addition that means these beatmaps can be approved, but not accumulate statistics for the player. They have a scoreboard, and replays are saved online, but they will not affect any stats (ranked score, total score, play count, accuracy, etc.)

There aren't too many in this category at the moment, but the ones that do exist are worthy of a better place than they currently have. If you have one of your own or someone else's map you feel deserves to be added to this category, contact your nearest Beatmap Approval member!
Gemi
Great addition!
YoshiKart
Puffles's TTFATF map, anyone? :)

Cool feature. Maybe I'll make a weird map of my own next time I find an awkward music file. :P
machol30

YoshiKart wrote:

Puffles's TTFATF map, anyone? :)
YES!!
offtopicsorta: I almost sorta FCed Parax2. Damn combo break at like combo2000 >_>

Nice new addition, pepp! :D
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi

kingcobra52 wrote:

Minor problem.

I just play Puffel's TtFaF and it added the score I got to my total (and lost my 300 mil in the process :()

Could peppy or someone possibly undo this?
I'm not sure if it is intended behavior or not to add it to the total score (not ranked), but imho it might be a good thing since we have the level system now and this would encourage playing other maps than just ranked maps too.

kingcobra52 wrote:

Edit: That's weird. My sig never got updated, but in osu and on the site, it shows the new stats. ><
The sig only updates once every hour.
Echo

Gemi wrote:

I'm not sure if it is intended behavior or not to add it to the total score (not ranked),

peppy wrote:

They have a scoreboard, and replays are saved online, but they will not affect any stats (ranked score, total score, play count, accuracy, etc.)
kingcobra52
It's fixed now.

Thanks, peppy.