forum

Why?

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046
A lot of people who play osu and map beatmaps like Japanese music so a lot of Japanese music gets mapped. That's how it works.
It's not like other music isn't getting mapped, if you want something mapped then you should map it.

...Also we have plenty of Lonely Island maps.
viewtopic.php?p=343587 This may also be of interest to you.
those
Far East Movement and Lonely Island and shit like that doesn't have the "bounce" to it that makes it fun to map and play.
You know what I mean; it's like, would you rather play Dance Dance Revolution to something "bouncy" or something Like a G6?
Faust
Funny, both songs you mapped are Japanese.
Mashley
I count a total of 10 ranked Lonely Island maps?
Cuddlebun

those wrote:

Far East Movement and Lonely Island and shit like that doesn't have the "bounce" to it that makes it fun to map and play.
You know what I mean; it's like, would you rather play Dance Dance Revolution to something "bouncy" or something Like a G6?
the fuck are you smoking
ztrot
Rocks?
Xgor

Ozitiho wrote:

Also the first 2 pages of Osu didn't have ONE song that wasn NOT japanese or from a japanese game.
VVVVVV, Julieta Venegas and Evanescence so Japanese 8-)
UnderminE

Xgor wrote:

Ozitiho wrote:

Also the first 2 pages of Osu didn't have ONE song that wasn NOT japanese or from a japanese game.
Remco32
Because weeaboos.
And weeaboos tend to ruin everything.
I started playing again this month. I only play non-animu/touhou/etc maps, and the offer is very slim.
Shellghost
If you aren't willing to change something yourself, you shouldn't complain about it.
Topic Starter
Ozitiho

Shellghost wrote:

If you aren't willing to change something yourself, you shouldn't complain about it.
Omgosh you're right. I should tell everyone to map english songs.

Faust wrote:

Funny, both songs you mapped are Japanese.
Haha, i wondered if someone would notice. Never said i hate japanese songs in general. Fact is i am a great fan of Vocaloid even. Given that these maps i haven't touched for over a year nor did i ever give them the attention they deserve.
Thing is, it's just too much, seriously...

Also, i AM currently working on an english song BECAUSE of realising this a few days back, that's why the whole 2 pages covered in bla bla bla is outdated. Only problem being i am far from a fast mapper, nor do i care to map all the songs i wish osu had... Or at least, had a good version of.
Vext_old
All maps and songs on here are valid because someone made them, meaning it can never be unwanted by everyone.

If you don't like one then don't play it.

If you want something, make a friend that will map it or map it yourself.

If you can't map it, you have no reason to complain about others.

End of story.
OzzyOzrock
BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST MUSIC NOW SHUT UP PLEASE OMG!!!!
those

Cuddlebun wrote:

those wrote:

the fuck are you smoking
The truth? Too much for you to handle?
Cuddlebun
my mind can only filter out so much bullshit before it overloads

a fatal flaw in a society like this I understand but nevertheless the drawback to a mind as great as mine
Krisom

Xgor wrote:

Julieta Fucking Venegas 4 evah. Also those 2 other maps are awesome <3
yeahyeahyeahhh
cause Far East Movement sucks dick :D/
those

Cuddlebun wrote:

a fatal flaw in a society
You mean yourself?
Faust

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

cause Far East Movement sucks dick :D/
Cuddlebun
you need to read better you silly person and stop inferring so much out of nothing

it is not a good habit to take up though it can be quite excellent for writing papers when you're not sure what you're supposed to be writing about so you wing it
YukuZetsuji

those wrote:

Shellghost
Like a G6 lyrics.

"NO-N-N-N-NOW-N-NOW I'M FEELING SO FLY LIKE A G6 x3948"
Larto

those wrote:

Leaving out the examples mentioned here (Loney Island is a bitch to map usually and Far East Movement just seems odd from the songs I've heard), this is generally about english music, and why so few english songs are being mapped. And I think a lot of english songs have enough "bounciness", even though I'm still not exactly sure what you mean by that; but that "bounciness" is certainly not a feeling that only japanese music can have. Like a song's language limits its possible feeling in any way. That's ridiculous.
The reason why we have so many japanese songs is just plain because most users come from asian countries.

AND weeaboos.
RandomJibberish
I'll try and map all my english shit faster!
Shellghost
Actually since almost all the English music i listen to is hip hop, they would turn out to be repetitive and boring maps.
maal

those wrote:

The truth? Too much for you to handle?
lol u smoke teh truth? u mad brah
Topic Starter
Ozitiho
Oh boi, this is fun.

Please dun think i dislike japanese music. Bunch of it is cool and all. But it aint all that, i mean cmon. Most of us hardly know what it's about. And to be honest the 'bounciness' in most japanese music rather is something that makes me want to punch someone, than enjoy the music.
As for english music not fitting in often, fair enough, won't argue the 'facts of music'. I only looked up like two songs, and concluding they were at least not ranked yet, i was all like *brainfart* (Rocketeer and Boombox) and felt the need to bitch about it. SO I DID!
People are all like "JAPANESE MUSIC IS THE BEST" (or the oposite) about this... This is like... A common topic, isn't it?
Firo Prochainezo
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Yeah, I tried to be a smartass by using Latin.

Also, if you want those songs in the osu! Ranked Maps you should probably, you know, learn to map like everybody else.
Topic Starter
Ozitiho

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Yeah, I tried to be a smartass by using Latin.

Also, if you want those songs in the osu! Ranked Maps you should probably, you know, learn to map like everybody else.
... Uhh... Yes?
Jarby

Ozitiho wrote:

Please dun think i dislike japanese music. Bunch of it is cool and all. But it aint all that, i mean cmon. Most of us hardly know what it's about. And to be honest the 'bounciness' in most japanese music rather is something that makes me want to punch someone, than enjoy the music.
Fun Fact: The Japanese people have produced music other than the SUKI SUKI DAISUKI ONEECHAN stuff you hear in anime and video games.
Shellghost
Your Fun facts are never fun ;_;
Jarby

Shellghost wrote:

Why don't you help me make them fun?
Lizzehb
If you don't like the shit that's ranked, rank your own shit.
Shellghost

Jarby wrote:

Shellghost wrote:

Why don't you help me make them fun?