forum

how does pp work across different key modes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Genjuro
If a 2 star 4k map gives 100pp for 1 million score, will a 2 star 7k map give the same amount of pp for 1 million score or more?
Yuudachi-kun
pp in mania is just entirely dependent on star rating basically.
aitor98

Khelly wrote:

well, it's not only the star rating. Check it yourself in this Mania PP Calculator by our chexmaster
Yuudachi-kun

aitor98 wrote:

Khelly wrote:

well, it's not only the star rating. Check it yourself in this Mania PP Calculator by our chexmaster
OD doesn't seem to be a factor like in std and score/acc is already implied so my point still stands
Halogen-

Khelly wrote:

OD doesn't seem to be a factor like in std and score/acc is already implied so my point still stands
I -think- OD has a very slight impact on star rating in that if you get two maps with relatively similar star rating, the one that is slightly lower can potentially be worth more than the one that's slightly higher if the OD is higher. Speedcore 300 [Extra] has a .03 lower rating while on OD8 compared to Blastix Riot [Jinjin's INFINITE] which is on OD9, and my 99.98% scores on both have a separation of 10pp.

With that being said, I'm not quite sure if that difference is a result of PP increasing exponentially in star rating - it's very possible that the .03 difference legitimately could scale out to 10pp, but I personally doubt that.
Yuudachi-kun
In osu standard od 9 up until 10 scales very exponentially with high acc. According to the calculator, a 1 million point SS 5000 length map at od8 gives 535pp whereas od10 gives 544pp. Od1 gives 522pp. This is why I call od a non factor compared to star rating.

Increasing the SR to 6.1 at od8 already makes it 561pp which is well above 6.0* od10.
aitor98

Khelly wrote:

In osu standard
Topic Starter
Genjuro
so keys don't matter?
Yuudachi-kun

aitor98 wrote:

Khelly wrote:

In osu standard

You don't get my point - od affecting pp by 10-30 max is NOTHING (esp when going from 1-10) compred to a tiny change in SR. Or did you just want to single that out to call me stupid? You can literally look at the SR and think of an acc to get a pp value and everything else doesn't matter because it'll affect your estimation by less than 10%.
aitor98

Khelly wrote:

You don't get my point - od affecting pp by 10-30 max is NOTHING (esp when going from 1-10) compred to a tiny change in SR. Or did you just want to single that out to call me stupid? You can literally look at the SR and think of an acc to get a pp value and everything else doesn't matter because it'll affect your estimation by less than 10%.
Yoo chill mate I didn't quote you in that sense, I love you all here D:
Topic Starter
Genjuro
bump, since the 2 guys decided to argue instead of answering my question.
Evening
pp is only dependent on

Star Rating (Major)
OD (Minor)

Score
Acc
Objects

The keys itself do not affect star rating, however it's well known that Lower Key maps tend to produce lower star rating maps than Higher Key maps as Star Rating is close to directly proportional to Density of the map.

In other words, if you have a 2* 4k map, it'll give the same pp as a 2* 7k map provided that OD, Score, Acc, Object Count are the same
Topic Starter
Genjuro

Evening wrote:

pp is only dependent on

Star Rating (Major)
OD (Minor)

Score
Acc
Objects

The keys itself do not affect star rating, however it's well known that Lower Key maps tend to produce lower star rating maps than Higher Key maps as Star Rating is close to directly proportional to Density of the map.

In other words, if you have a 2* 4k map, it'll give the same pp as a 2* 7k map provided that OD, Score, Acc, Object Count are the same
thanks alot that was the answer i was looking for