forum

Shoji Meguro - It's SHOW TIME !

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nanda2009
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 04 April 2011 at 16:39:39

Artist: Shoji Meguro
Title: It's SHOW TIME !
Source: Shin Megami Tensei : Persona 4
Tags: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 OST Shoji Meguro Atsushi Kitajoh Ryuta Kazuka
BPM: 110,08
Filesize: 1416kb
Play Time: 00:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,84 stars, 72 notes)
  2. Normal (4,26 stars, 57 notes)
Download: Shoji Meguro - It's SHOW TIME !
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song is one of the SMT Persona 4 OST
waiting for the mod =)
I'm happy to make Beatmap while on holiday..

==============Mod-----------------------------------
Thx to :
29/03/2011 - akrolsmir
akrolsmir
Sorry for taking so long! I had thought you made a lot of other posts on mod queues but I guess that wasn't the case.

Such a short song! Could use an easy difficulty, I guess.

General:

Timing is off. Try changing to 110.08 BPM, w/ 563 offset.

00:10:791- Sounds are made too soft. Like, barely audible. 21 % volume on top of the soft sample set causes this; raise it to 100% (seriously), and/or lower the volume of normal to make this section seem louder.
00:14:232- Same as above
00:28:268- ^
00:31:021- ^

In general, with the soft sample set you want to raise the volume and lower it for the normal set, unless you're going for some extremely pronounced effect. It balances out the sound more.

Hard:
00:03:360 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3) - Overmapping (placing circles on beats that aren't in the song). Exacerbated by the mistiming, and loud clap noises. At the very least, soften the sound.
00:07:213 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as above. Including the noises.

00:11:204 (1,2,3,4) - ... A swastika? (This is just a random comment, you don't have to change it.)

More than that I can't really do until the timing is fixed.

Starred for a good effort! PM me as soon as you fix the timing, I'll be sure to mod some more.
Topic Starter
nanda2009
SPOILER
Sorry for taking so long! I had thought you made a lot of other posts on mod queues but I guess that wasn't the case.

Such a short song! Could use an easy difficulty, I guess.

General:

Timing is off. Try changing to 110.08 BPM, w/ 563 offset. => Sure, I'll change it

00:10:791- Sounds are made too soft. Like, barely audible. 21 % volume on top of the soft sample set causes this; raise it to 100% (seriously), and/or lower the volume of normal to make this section seem louder. => I want to make some little effect, but I'll change it
00:14:232- Same as above => Same as above too
00:28:268- ^ => Same as above too
00:31:021- ^ => Same as above too

In general, with the soft sample set you want to raise the volume and lower it for the normal set, unless you're going for some extremely pronounced effect. It balances out the sound more.

Hard:
00:03:360 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3) - Overmapping (placing circles on beats that aren't in the song). Exacerbated by the mistiming, and loud clap noises. At the very least, soften the sound. => Okay, sorry for that, I'll change it
00:07:213 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as above. Including the noises. => Same as above too
00:11:204 (1,2,3,4) - ... A swastika? (This is just a random comment, you don't have to change it.) => What is swastika?

More than that I can't really do until the timing is fixed.

Starred for a good effort! PM me as soon as you fix the timing, I'll be sure to mod some more.

Thx for your service ;) and the star...
akrolsmir
Normal:
I can see from the timing panel you've set up the time properly, but unfortunately it doesn't make a difference because none of the notes are snapped to the correct pattern =(. Go to the "Timing" (the one next to "Web", not next to "Song Setup") and click on "Resnap All Notes". That should fix things much better. All my mods on normal difficulty assume you've done this already.

00:02:606 (1) - Move backwards 1/4 beat.
00:06:286 (1) - Move backwards 1/4 beat, then shorten by 1/4 beat.
00:11:055 (1) to 00:15:688 (6) - Move this entire section. Then, after you've done that:
00:14:189 (9) - Too far from (8)
00:14:461 (1) - Too close to (9)
00:14:734 (2) - Too close to (1)
(When you're moving 1 and 2 make sure to keep the spacing between (2, 3, 4, 5 and 6) to be correct. Make sure your distance snap of about 0.9x remains on)

00:28:497 (1,2,3,4) - Move backwards 1/4 beat.
00:31:903 (1) - Would fit the song better split into 4 circles spaced 1/2 beat apart.
00:31:358 (6,7) - The notes here are actually three notes of equal time-spacing rather than two. To properly map that, you'd have to switch to a beat snap divisor of 1/6th for just here. I'd recommend making a small repeating slider starting from 00:31:358 (6) that goes for 1/6th beat and then repeats three times.

Hard:
I forgot to mention that you need to update the timing for this as well, to be the same as normal. I mean, it's the same song so the timing for both difficulties should be the same. Set it to 110.08 and 563 as well, and then make sure to resnap all beats.

Why is the last spinner silenced, when you let it to make a sound on the last one? I think placing the volume back and then adding a finish on the spinners ending both the Hard and Normal difficulties would be best.

Further, more in-depth modding of hard will commence after the time has been fixed.

General comments:
I like this song more and more I listen to it.
You did a good job on the volume levels, though it could use a fine tuning. I'm not the best at hitsounds, though. Maybe look for another queue?
Some of your patterns are quite nice- I especially liked 00:16:021 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) on hard.

PM me after you fix it and I'll be back!
Topic Starter
nanda2009

akrolsmir wrote:

Normal:
I can see from the timing panel you've set up the time properly, but unfortunately it doesn't make a difference because none of the notes are snapped to the correct pattern =(. Go to the "Timing" (the one next to "Web", not next to "Song Setup") and click on "Resnap All Notes". That should fix things much better. All my mods on normal difficulty assume you've done this already. I'm sorry, I don't have good skill, sorry ;)

00:02:606 (1) - Move backwards 1/4 beat. Ok
00:06:286 (1) - Move backwards 1/4 beat, then shorten by 1/4 beat. Ok
00:11:055 (1) to 00:15:688 (6) - Move this entire section. Then, after you've done that:
00:14:189 (9) - Too far from (8) Ok
00:14:461 (1) - Too close to (9) Ok
00:14:734 (2) - Too close to (1) Ok
(When you're moving 1 and 2 make sure to keep the spacing between (2, 3, 4, 5 and 6) to be correct. Make sure your distance snap of about 0.9x remains on) Ok

00:28:497 (1,2,3,4) - Move backwards 1/4 beat. Ok
00:31:903 (1) - Would fit the song better split into 4 circles spaced 1/2 beat apart. Ok
00:31:358 (6,7) - The notes here are actually three notes of equal time-spacing rather than two. To properly map that, you'd have to switch to a beat snap divisor of 1/6th for just here. I'd recommend making a small repeating slider starting from 00:31:358 (6) that goes for 1/6th beat and then repeats three times. Ok

Hard:
I forgot to mention that you need to update the timing for this as well, to be the same as normal. I mean, it's the same song so the timing for both difficulties should be the same. Set it to 110.08 and 563 as well, and then make sure to resnap all beats. Sorry, I forgot to change the hard diff, sorry I'll change it

Why is the last spinner silenced, when you let it to make a sound on the last one? I think placing the volume back and then adding a finish on the spinners ending both the Hard and Normal difficulties would be best. Good Idea, thx

Further, more in-depth modding of hard will commence after the time has been fixed.

General comments:
I like this song more and more I listen to it.
You did a good job on the volume levels, though it could use a fine tuning. I'm not the best at hitsounds, though. Maybe look for another queue?
Some of your patterns are quite nice- I especially liked 00:16:021 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) on hard. Thank you :D

PM me after you fix it and I'll be back!
Thx for your mod ;)
akrolsmir
Whew, it's been a long time since I took a look at this (relatively), sorry for the delay.

General:
Maybe turn off the countdown at the beginning? It doesn't really fit.

Easy:
Make sure to decide on one distance spacing multiplier. About .8x, .9x or 1.0x could work.

By the way, are you using Distance Snap? Especially for normal, you want to leave it on and consistent. Cause right now it looks like you approximated, but by using it you can ensure that everything is exact or very close to it. Turning it off leads to most of the spacing errors below:

00:04:650 (4) - to close to (3)
00:31:903 (7,8,9,10) - beats are spaced irregularly.

Actually, If I were you I'd just readjust each object with distance snap on. It won't take too long, maybe 10 to 15 minutes; just click on an object after the first, drag it around, and distance spacing will show you the range it can occupy.

However, the rhythm for easy is now dead-on! Congrats on that.

Hard:
Distance spacing is not as important for a few jumps and patterns, but you want to respect it most of the time. You might want to go over it in the same way as Easy, though. I'll just list rhythm problems below, then.

00:07:376 (1) - Extend by a quarter-beat
00:20:866 (2,3,4,5) - Out of these, (3) is the only one that falls on a note in the song.
00:21:411 (6) - Move forward 1/4 beat, then shorten the length by 1/4 beat
00:21:956 (7) - Move forward 1/4 beat
00:22:637 (1) - A repeating slider might not be the best idea since the repeat does not match up with the beat in the song.
00:24:273 (5) - Delete
00:24:409 (6) - Move 1/4 beat forward
00:24:954 (1,2) - ^

It's gotten much better since I last saw it. Keep on improving it, and you'll get there eventually! Make sure to try posting on a few other queues, to receive more input from experienced players.
Topic Starter
nanda2009

akrolsmir wrote:

Whew, it's been a long time since I took a look at this (relatively), sorry for the delay.

General:
Maybe turn off the countdown at the beginning? It doesn't really fit. Ok

Easy:
Make sure to decide on one distance spacing multiplier. About .8x, .9x or 1.0x could work. sorry, but when I use Distance Snap, my beatmap always become messy, so, sorry
how did you know that I'm working on Easy right now?

By the way, are you using Distance Snap? Especially for normal, you want to leave it on and consistent. Cause right now it looks like you approximated, but by using it you can ensure that everything is exact or very close to it. Turning it off leads to most of the spacing errors below:

00:04:650 (4) - to close to (3) OK
00:31:903 (7,8,9,10) - beats are spaced irregularly. OK
Actually, If I were you I'd just readjust each object with distance snap on. It won't take too long, maybe 10 to 15 minutes; just click on an object after the first, drag it around, and distance spacing will show you the range it can occupy.

However, the rhythm for easy is now dead-on! Congrats on that. What's dead-on...?

Hard:
Distance spacing is not as important for a few jumps and patterns, but you want to respect it most of the time. You might want to go over it in the same way as Easy, though. I'll just list rhythm problems below, then.

00:07:376 (1) - Extend by a quarter-beat OK
00:20:866 (2,3,4,5) - Out of these, (3) is the only one that falls on a note in the song. OK
00:21:411 (6) - Move forward 1/4 beat, then shorten the length by 1/4 beat OK
00:21:956 (7) - Move forward 1/4 beat OK
00:22:637 (1) - A repeating slider might not be the best idea since the repeat does not match up with the beat in the song. OK
00:24:273 (5) - Delete OK
00:24:409 (6) - Move 1/4 beat forward OK
00:24:954 (1,2) - ^ sorry, but that will makes (2) and (3) will be collided, did I have to move (3) forward 1/4 beat?

It's gotten much better since I last saw it. Keep on improving it, and you'll get there eventually! Make sure to try posting on a few other queues, to receive more input from experienced players.
Thx for your effort, I had post on other queue.. but no one reply, well, I'll try to post more :P
Thx again :3
and maybe I would not use my computer until next Friday ..... but I'll try to update my Beatmap if I have a chance once in a while
thanks ... :3
Kissflying
:)