forum

[added] Hit object toggle

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +28
Topic Starter
peppy
A toggle to disable all hit objects and controls, so the storyboard/video can be consumed without any distractions.
Waryas
lol? what about fail/success SB?
No point for video though cause you can just load it in a media player unless there's SB interaction with the video (is that even possible?)
Topic Starter
peppy
After osz2 is implemented you will not be able to use a media player. And this is mostly for SBs, not video. It would have the option to select pass/fail mode.
Waryas
Sounds good I guess no more votes though.
TKiller
Reminds me of how I've captured almost every single background video from ez2on rhythm game before it closed and my hard drive crashed next week :D

As for osu! - well, we don't have any exclusive videos here and I doubt I can name a storyboard this interesting for me. Hm, certainly not a top priority feature in my opinion, but I guess people can have different opinions on this.
TKiller
it's been 4 days, ok if I'll doublepost?

I actually changed my mind on this. Mainly because I'd love to listen to some instrumentals on doubletime now and then while taking a little break between playing maps and removing hitobjects would actually be cool for this.
Dragvon

peppy wrote:

After osz2 is implemented you will not be able to use a media player. And this is mostly for SBs, not video. It would have the option to select pass/fail mode.
So we can't mod if by any chance the mapper submitted a video with sound?
New mappers usually forget to remove it, wouldn't that increase filesize D: ?

As for the toggle, yes, i'm supporting it.
Fuuko
Funny thing is: I was commenting the same thing with Blue_Dragon some days ago, and he was all like "Idiot idea, not going to get implemented". lol

So yeah, I'd give my UBER TOTAL SUPPORT upon this.

I also would like to propose two new ideas:

1 - Selecting multiple maps to play, one after other, so you don't have to keep changing them.
2 - Posting a massive list of maps with a significant storyboard, because people obviously don't have them all, now do they? It's kinda pointless to have a nice option like this without any proper maps to watch.

I think it would be quite hard to implement the former, so what about a "View mode" instead of a Hit object toggle?
Just like DJMax has a mode where you can watch the clips, called "MV Edition" or something.
0_o

Fuuko wrote:

2 - Posting a massive list of maps with a significant storyboard
*cough*
Jarby
I'm not exactly sure how seriously I'm supposed to be taking this thread after reading beyond the first post, so I'll say that this should probably just be attached to the auto mod if at all.
Fuuko
Nice one, faceman. But still, there are tons of maps that are not in that list...

Well, if anything, there's an option to search for SB maps, so yeah.

Edit:

Just thinked about something, that maybe would be implemented if this was:
Being able to rate Storyboards. So we could sort it accordingly to the rating.

Yes, I'm well aware that there are haters and trolls everywhere, but I think the major part of the osu! community would help it...

Hopefully...
Card N'FoRcE
I'm supposed to insert irony in this thread, right?

I was about to propose something similiar, i hope this disables also the HP bar, the combo counter and the score counter.

Less distractionz.
Shiro
I like the idea of being able to enjoy full storyboards (or even simpler ones) for themselves. I usually just made a new difficulty, placed a circle at the very end, and when to play it to see a video/storyboard, but this is simply better.
rust45
I would actually like this as often times I use Auto and spun out + no fail to watch the good and bad scenes of fully SBed maps.
FireballFlame
<- No votes remaining, but support.
Would work nicely as a new mod.
Switch between pass/fail mode could be below the "Discussion" and "2x Playback" buttons...

Dragvon wrote:

So we can't mod if by any chance the mapper submitted a video with sound?
But what about this? And transparency in storyboard images and stuff like that?
Kitsunemimi
Well if you want to take the time to implement this then I don't see why not. Wouldn't mind having an extra feature around, and I do occasionally like to watch interesting and complex (and laggy) storyboards. But err, well... like everyone else, I used up all my stars ._.
Gens
I can see the use of this in the modding scheme~ you often get distracted with the map and don't notice odd stuff in the storyboard when modding.
Wishy
Why not?
theMikeAG
When I saw the subject, I was all :?.

Then I saw that Peppy posted it and I was all :P.

I suppose this would be a nice thing to have. I can't say I've played many maps with that great of a storyboard, but hey. A feature's a feature.

I find it kind of ironic that what Peppy's suggesting here is the exact opposite of a Storyboard Toggle, Osu's holy grail of forbidden requests. I almost thought he was trolling his own forum. ;)
Rena-chan
I approve of this.

Though what about hitsounds and triggerloops ?

Would the hitsounds still be there (I think this would sound awkward if hit objects are taken away for most maps), or would they just be silent and triggerloops would still appear ?
Kodoshi
i've been raging so many times when i was watching good videos/storyboards on osu but there was no way to see it clearly without the circles etc, i would support this idea but no stars
ziin

Kodoshi wrote:

i've been raging so many times when i was watching good videos/storyboards on osu but there was no way to see it clearly without the circles etc, i would support this idea but no stars
design tab, storyboard editor. Or delete all the notes.
Rena-chan

ziin wrote:

Kodoshi wrote:

design tab, storyboard editor. Or delete all the notes.
Wrong. Deleting all notes is often not a solution, as some SB's use triggerloops, that activate on hitsounds.

Without notes, you won't have hitsounds, and you only get half of the SB.
Something you could do while you're already in the editor anyway is lower the volume on all timing sections as much as possible, and then watch the storyboard in the design tab.

And then bugs where the editor screws the SB over without the user having touched anything might come into the picture.
I've experienced this myself, and I have no clue what causes it.

A toggle is a much better idea for this one.
ziin

Rena-chan wrote:

Wrong. Deleting all notes is often not a solution, as some SB's use triggerloops, that activate on hitsounds.

Without notes, you won't have hitsounds, and you only get half of the SB.
skin it. if you wan to keep hitsounds.

And you can delete the notes without even touching the design tab.
-----
This should be the new relax mod. Just saying~ :P
Astom
I was going to suggest to disable combo fire and not "Display SB in front of combo fire", but is better include this here.
So add a option to disable combo fire please~
Also support for this.
Wishy
Isn't combo fire that "fire" you get from below when doing a 100+ combo or something like that? Because afaik you can disable that by unticking it from options...
awp
yay native support

this would mean I no longer have to develop workarounds to achieve this
sh0gu1nga0n
Accidentally made a thread without noticing this. Definitely support this wholeheartedly!

Exactly as a few comments made before, certain features in osu! does make it more enjoyable, and we can also chat in the middle of watching them if it was implemented! :D
Nitori
Oh oops, I made a duplicate of this too. I definitely support this too, since sometimes I just want to sit back and watch some of these storyboards and videos.
[Dellirium]

0_o wrote:

Fuuko wrote:

2 - Posting a massive list of maps with a significant storyboard
*cough*
*ahem* xD

peppy wrote:

A toggle to disable all hit objects and controls, so the storyboard/video can be consumed without any distractions.
Why not to use auto? Notes aint too distractive to watch SBs.
ziin
oh cool. I think 4 of my SBs are on that list.

I just delete all the notes except the first and last.
TheVileOne
Some people might want this. BUMPing it back up.
jemhuntr
isn't this one step forward to making osu! a media player? Well, it's a good idea so meh.
Offtopic: cursor should fade out in the main menu similar to how it does while playing
deadbeat
this sounds added to me
(check under Auto)
Where? I can't seem to find it. I thought it was hidden under Auto like the way Nightcore is hidden under DT, but there's nothing beneath it
deadbeat
things don't just fly into the public build :p
then again, there may of been a public build update in the past 9 hours :/