forum

Manual sliders points [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Evanaire
Some sliders have points inside it that add 10 points and increase your combo, but they are automatic. I think it should be better if they were manual (one click/button pressed to do the slider and another being clicked to hit these points (like in circles). It will increase the commands variety and the general gameplay (in my opinion). I habv the habit to click these points (to tell the truth I believed I had to click it some time ago... but is really funnier play that way).
Would be nice if some ppl post your opinions (against or no).
mm201
This can't work. The ticks are checkpoints that add score and make sure your mouse is still on the slider. If they don't happen at regular intervals, sliders don't work right. They also indicate the speed of the slider.

As for the other thing, placing clickable objects on sliders has been suggested before. (Rolled made a map with this which should be somewhere in the graveyard.) They require multiple buttons to hit, which is a requirement osu! doesn't want to be tied to, since it would exclude touch screens.
Topic Starter
Evanaire
I forgot the touch screens, you're right. Realyl wouldn't be good add a feature with hurts touch users.
Anyway, thanks for such fast answer.