forum

Any Tips for Streams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2
The title pretty much asks the question, I am at that magical point in osu! where I can pretty much S anything below 3 stars (I guess 2.7 would be more accurate) and I want to move on to 3 plus. The thing that gets me are the streams. I can handle sliders, jumps, whatever, but if you give me a stream it's pretty much dumb luck if I pass it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips, as it is very hard to try and follow the beat when it looks like 20 circles pop up, spaced or not. Also, I know practice is huge, and I don't mind it, but if you suggest it could you recommend good maps to practice streaming? thnx :oops:
chainpullz
Turn hitsounds off or at least low enough that you can hear the corresponding stream sounds in the music. Right now your hitsounds are probably just going to sound like mash which just makes it harder to hear what they should be sounding like. Once you get more comfortable with streaming it will be easier to tell just from your own hitsounds if your are in time with the music so that's when you should turn hitsounds back up. Other than that just play more maps with lots of streams.
dung eater

Llahmah wrote:

The title pretty much asks the question, I am at that magical point in osu! where I can pretty much S anything below 3 stars (I guess 2.7 would be more accurate) and I want to move on to 3 plus. The thing that gets me are the streams. I can handle sliders, jumps, whatever, but if you give me a stream it's pretty much dumb luck if I pass it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips, as it is very hard to try and follow the beat when it looks like 20 circles pop up, spaced or not. Also, I know practice is huge, and I don't mind it, but if you suggest it could you recommend good maps to practice streaming? thnx :oops:
Start from lower bpm streams, listen to song, listen to hitsounds. You will learn to hear and know beforehand how it should sound when you stream, and then tap at that pace.
gooder101
all those advices are really useful and all that buuuuuuuuut,if you want to make progress in a fast pace play those.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207692
play them at least once a day if you really are slow as snail play the lower bpm's few times and after few weeks get into the faster ones.
if you are determined it is the fastest way to get better at streams.
cheers.
mizuki-chan

gooder101 wrote:

all those advices are really useful and all that buuuuuuuuut,if you want to make progress in a fast pace play those.
play them at least once a day if you really are slow as snail play the lower bpm's few times and after few weeks get into the faster ones.
cheers.
i can agree with the nice progress when playing those maps and recommend playing them as well.
otherwise just play various types of maps in your daily plays (different bpm ranges). :)
ithgyu
honestly at your point just play more and you will start to get better at them
AshbeII
you have more S than me at 1k playcount where i got 18k playcount. so idk ur either a genius or u play maps under your skill level .. maybe go higher in stars and improvement will happen

edit: stop using any mods except HD untill like 2k pp
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2

rakuenslove wrote:

you have more S than me at 1k playcount where i got 18k playcount. so idk ur either a genius or u play maps under your skill level .. maybe go higher in stars and improvement will happen

edit: stop using any mods except HD untill like 2k pp

Ok thanks, I had been doing anything under 2 stars with hr and dt to try and get myself used to playing faster maps but I will just go hd now :D
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2

gooder101 wrote:

cheers.

Thanks, these maps seem really good but I must just be super slow even 140 bpm is outspeeding me :o Anyway but thanks I will practice these and hopefully speed up soon :D
gooder101
Glad to help.
vsprite
play more tbh