forum

Auto Rank old pending maps [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
XepherX3
I was discussing this earlier with -S e k a i-...

and we both are agreeing on some kind of aut ranking system for old pending maps that have enough priority...but are just waiting for a grave or a BAT to happen to pass see it

SPOILER
15:42 <Weezy> : submitted jan.22 so yeaaaah almsot 2 months
15:43 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : wow
15:43 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : it allot you know
15:43 <Odaril> : 2 months isn't much
15:43 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : you think so
15:43 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :/
15:43 *Weezy is listening to (Yui Horie - Silky Heart (TV Size))[http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24135]
15:43 <Weezy> : thats since december
15:44 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : o.o
15:44 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : longer then mine
15:44 <XepherX3> : Submitted: Jun 22, 2009 Ranked: 31 Jan,2010 > http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7640
15:44 <XepherX3> : that's long
15:44 <Kitsunemimi> : ;_;
15:44 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : wow ya it is >.<
15:45 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : so long
15:45 <Weezy> : back then it was harder to get stuff ranked
15:45 <XepherX3> : it's my only ranked map at the moment of 23 maps
15:45 <Kitsunemimi> : are you kid-- wait when are we talking about?
15:45 <XepherX3> : 2009 - 2010
15:45 <Kitsunemimi> : uhm
15:45 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : at least you have one
15:46 <Weezy> : ...
15:46 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : im none >.<
15:46 <Kitsunemimi> : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8698
15:46 <Kitsunemimi> : submitted aug 2009, ranked jan 2011
15:46 <Weezy> : ._.
15:46 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : -.-
15:46 <Kitsunemimi> : before mod queues existed, it was easy to go up to any BAT and ask for a check
15:46 <XepherX3> : 5-12 months is an average for getting a map ranked
15:48 <XepherX3> : methods on getting early mods ranks > famous mapper/artist, known song.. and direct connected to BAT's
15:49 <XepherX3> : spamming for mods isn't even helping..if u don't have anything of those three things
15:50 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :
15:50 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :/
15:50 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : ya i guess your right
15:51 <XepherX3> : just by looking at the submittance time and rank date u can get that conclusion...known famouse songs
15:51 <XepherX3> : aand or mappers are very fast ranked and unknown maps/mappers/songs take a long time
15:51 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : ya
15:52 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : i think osuplayer his the one woth fast ranking maps
15:52 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : >.<
15:52 <XepherX3> : i believe he has one ranked withing a week
15:53 <Weezy> : dude has 100+ ranked maps, of course he's fast :O
15:53 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : but >.<
15:53 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : we wait and his maps get ranked so easy
15:56 <XepherX3> : a good method is auto ranking when u get a certain amount of kudo's (like 25 people give star means auto
15:56 <XepherX3> : rank,if map is older then 3 months)
15:57 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : but if my map not longer then 3 month so
15:57 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : what
15:57 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : >.<
15:57 <XepherX3> : it's just an idea
15:57 <XepherX3> : get people try out your map and if they like it they star it
15:58 <XepherX3> : get 25 and auto rank..if the map become older then 3 months by then
15:58 <XepherX3> : getting 25 stars is pretty hard
15:58 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : i already have 53 stars
15:58 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :P
15:59 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : so it allot i think
15:59 <XepherX3> : yours would be auto ranked when it reaches month 4 of pending

SPOILER
16:15 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : o.o
16:15 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : what was that
16:15 <XepherX3> : what was what
16:16 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48717
16:16 <XepherX3> : just posted that
16:16 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : ya why o.o
16:16 <XepherX3> : maybe it will get added in
16:17 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : you think so
16:17 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :/
16:17 <XepherX3> : benefits > BATS will have less loads of maps...and can concentrate on newer maps
16:18 <XepherX3> : Users can play maps others made along time ago and get a rank score on them
16:18 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : you mean auto ranking
16:19 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :P
16:19 <XepherX3> : yea that's what i am talking about in that topic
16:19 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : ya i know
16:20 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : but i cant vote so :P
16:20 <XepherX3> : if the map was bad after it got auto ranked people can vote down and it gets when it reaches a certain % of
16:20 <XepherX3> : negative votes it will be de-ranked
16:21 <XepherX3> : auto ranking works only once for each map <
like mentioned in this save log...the auto rank would only apply if the map has the needed amount of kudo's (25 stars / not talking about priority but about different people who starred it)
and is older then a set amount of time (3 months mentiond in the log).

i think this would help out everyone alot...BAT's can always de-rank/rmove maps that are just bad (adding a possibility to vote auto ranked maps).

greetings,

XepherX3
adam2046
There'll be a tonne of complaints about maps getting ranked with problems and unranking them all again would be troublesome...
16:17 <XepherX3> : benefits > BATS will have less loads of maps...and can concentrate on newer maps
I don't really think that it would lessen the load or be a good thing...

It's an interesting idea, but I can't say I really like it.
Krisom
-> Time on Pending =/= Quality/rankeability of map
-> Star Priority =/= Quality/rankeability of map

Sadly, there's nothing that assures the rankeability of a map wihout a MAT/BAT checking it, star shooters makes the priority system haxed so that doesn't helps (seriously, how many people go into maps and say "star" wihout knowing anything from modding, or looking at the map at all?), and you can easely have a pending map with zero mods for a while if you keep bumping it via BSS. So, for now, this is not a very appropiate system.
Garven
This is like saying that as long as AI Mod likes the map, it's good to go. ww

There's a reason why we have a modding system. We can't really automate the entire process - only very small parts of it. The modders are there to make sure everything else is good.
Topic Starter
XepherX3

Garven wrote:

This is like saying that as long as AI Mod likes the map, it's good to go. ww

There's a reason why we have a modding system. We can't really automate the entire process - only very small parts of it. The modders are there to make sure everything else is good.
yea..the system really works... most mod queue's take as much time as it takes to let a map be graved...

15:46 <Kitsunemimi> : before mod queues existed, it was easy to go up to any BAT and ask for a check
15:46 <XepherX3> : 5-12 months is an average for getting a map ranked
15:48 <XepherX3> : methods on getting early mods ranks > famous mapper/artist, known song.. and direct connected to BAT's
15:49 <XepherX3> : spamming for mods isn't even helping..if u don't have anything of those three things
15:50 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :
15:50 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : :/
15:50 <-_S_e_k_a_i__-> : ya i guess your right
15:51 <XepherX3> : just by looking at the submittance time and rank date u can get that conclusion...known famouse songs
15:51 <XepherX3> : aand or mappers are very fast ranked and unknown maps/mappers/songs take a long time
now it's oh i add it to a queue ...3 weeks later...not checked bump....3 weeks later..not checked bump...( 12 months later..f** of...graved)..the system i'm talking about can be easily modified..make the way harder for auto rank to work then...if a map has 25 stars and is older then 3 months and bubbled for more then a month it gets auto ranked..

people still need to get mods and a MAT then
Krisom

XepherX3 wrote:

.if a map has 25 stars and is older then 3 months and bubbled for more then a month it gets auto ranked..
This rarely happens, if it ever has. Older bubble on Pending right now is somewhere near a month old, and it's aredy pending a rank by Beuchi.
Weez
What kind of queues have you checked >_>

most of them mod a map within 1-3 days at max a week. and look new mappers get their maps ranked in 3 months on average, if its taking more then that then there is a problem which needs to get fixed
GladiOol
x3ns0r was je aan 't smoken ofzo toen je op dit idee kwam? D:
Beetje maps uit 2007 enzo zeker ook auto rank willen geven.
Dit is wel erg ongein D:

English: x3ns0r you silly man
Topic Starter
XepherX3
ok..so this idea has some countersides...i forgot to think about...i came to this idea after the discussion with -S e k a i- and out of own experience with getting my maps modded ranked...(only ranked map took 7 - 8 months where 4 months was by bumping)...

all others had priority and were queued but never checked in the 4 weeks before it got graved

that's why i came to this idea...just vote what u think if some kind of auto rank system should be added..
James2250
Not going to happen

From my experience the star priority system means very little (which is why it is basically ignored these days as people just spam stars...) so we can't base anything off of that. As said before in this thread there is really no way to automate stuff like this, it actually needs a person to carefully look over everything and make sure it all looks good.

As first it seems like it would save BATs time but in the long run this would cause much more problems than it would solve. Half of the ranked maps would have to be unranked again causing drama and making people lose the scores they worked hard to get.

To put it simply if you can think of a way for a machine to check every tiny thing (Which AIMod isn't close to) this could happen...but it just isn't possible right now. The ranking system is going fairly well and fast enough for most people, it is true that it can be very hard to get a BAT but just be patient and keep trying to get more mods and it will get ranked when its ready

Denying this as it would just go against the entire modding system right now
Aoitenshi
Worst Idea.
Shohei Ohtani
ITT: How to get your map ranked with this system:

"OMG STAR MY MAP!"
"k"
+25 priority.

*wait 3 months*
*auto-rank*
"wtf is dis shiot"
"WWWEWTTTTTTFFFFF"
*Drama*

>w<~.
Yuzeyun

CDFA wrote:

ITT: How to get your map ranked with this system:

"OMG STAR MY MAP!"
"k"
+25 priority.

*wait 3 months*
*auto-rank*
"wtf is dis shiot"
"WWWEWTTTTTTFFFFF"
*Drama*

>w<~.
^ This resumes pretty everything lol

I can't imagine what would happen if a bad map (a map without 1 star in pending/a map deserving to be nuked) was ranked.