forum

Poll: Do YOU know how to pronounce osu! ?

posted
Total Posts

Did you know how to pronounce osu! ?

Yes
67.74%
No, but I managed to learn it before watching the video
11.11%
No, now I do by watching the video, THANKS!
21.15%
Total votes: 279
show more
Numbbi
I had no idea that it sounds like that.

I always said it.. in my own way.
YuiiMugii
"Oh-su" just sounds better than "Oss".
Just like how "De-su" sounds better than "Des".
Anzo
"OSuu...'!!"
arne439
I call it OSS!.

Meaningless fact: "oss" is the Swedish word for "us" like in "They invited us" (Dom bjöd in oss) or "He killed us" (Han dödade oss). :D
Sleep Powder
o-sue

(osu is a japanese word i think... so using the actual term "osu" to explain how I pronounce it isn't helpful. In my case, I can read romaji so this isn't really an issue for me. I know what I'm doing...)
Rantai
oss-sue!

Screw proper pronunciation, I like mine XD
Ikillforpies
oh-su
Sounds better that way xD
SapphireGhost
Where's the "I know how you're supposed to say it but it sounds weird when I do so I just say it the wrong way since it sounds more normal." option?
hinamizawan
ósu

But everyone I know calls it: "ozu"
Corin
Ose

:P It's the correct way to pronounce it :P

As far as i remember anyways.
Vext_old
Yes, Ose, however you sound awfully weeaboo pronouncing it that way without the accent IRL and most people can't for that matter. For simplicity when talking to people I simply pronounce it Oh-soo, have a friend that calls it oos though.
wkLeon
I just pronounce it the way the tutorial does "o-sue", and it also goes with the url http://www.osu-me.com/ sounding like "Oh, sue me!"
Sander-Don
its pronounced oh-s
Vish024
Kids at my school who introduced me to the game pronounced it "oh-s". So I heard it pronounced like that first time, that's how I've said it since before I first played the game. Also I believe in some parts of Japan, where the local Japanese contains slight variations, they would pronounce it as "os-oo". To be honest, there's really no right or wrong way of pronouncing it, unless the pronounciation is utterly nonsensical and does not correspond with the letters in the word itself.
Maxer00
At first I pronounced it like it should be - 'oh-s' ,but then I watched Lucky star... fricken Kagami and her 'oh-su' wacked my pronouncement meter waaay off. And then I joined Osu! :lol:
Deus ex Machina_old
Since I watch too much anime, it was just natural to pronounce it oss, I diden't watch the video :3
Unfortunatly in danish it sounds like you are saying cheese instead, so I get a lot of comments on that XD
So sometimes I say osu just to make them shut up about the cheese XD
Emilescute
I kinda pronuced it as Os since i tried Quendan.
xRayne
I say it as "o-su" Eh.
I have a friend that says it as "o-zu" haha :3
Moriya Suwako
lol I know it is pronounced as o-su(オス) because one of my my classmate told me...
GladiOol

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

lol I know it is pronounced as o-su(オス) because one of my my classmate told me...
and classmates are always right.

Also nice necropost xrayne
ChibiMeerkat
I've always pronounced it as "Oh-su" I find it natural to say it that way :P
Miyu
I always say it Oh - su ._. am i wrong? lol.
SESIN
I was pronouncing it right but I didn't realize it.
Corin
Necro!
Fabi