forum

How to find the right difficulty?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
youva
Hey guys!

so I've been playing between 3* and 5* maps and I wanted to know which of the two I should play more. I usually get around B's on both difficulties. Which should I practice the most? should I even go lower?

Thanks!
Jukkii
yes go lower, you dont have any S or SS ranks.
just play like 2* and try to FC
KanoSet
you play more what you can get S or A with some what good acc
and play less of what you can get a B on cuz it's fun
always play everything
Topic Starter
youva
so if I play 2* and get fc's I should go to higher difficulty? do 2* S and SS's count on the profile count or no?

thanks guys !
Xyrus_old_1
Play any map you can read, go for FCs you find difficult to achieve, go for passes you find difficult to achieve, challenge yourself with new maps constantly. Difficulty is very subjective (don't confuse star rating with difficulty), so you have to gauge if for yourself. Going lower in Star difficulty is for the best if you find yourself missing hitobjects when you find yourself overlooking them because the map is too fast. There are also plenty of maps that are very hard for their star rating.

Finding the ideal difficulty is impossible tbh...
awedgoo

Swordyy wrote:

you play more what you can get S or A with some what good acc
and play less of what you can get a B on cuz it's fun
always play everything
^this
defs tone the difficulty down a bit to primarily 2* and 3* until you can fc them while maintaining at least 97% acc
(still play some harder stuff on the side though)
Topic Starter
youva
mmh I see, so I should play lower star maps to get more consistensy and sometimes try harder maps to keep progressing?
KanoSet

youva wrote:

mmh I see, so I should play lower star maps to get more consistensy and sometimes try harder maps to keep progressing?
yes
Topic Starter
youva
got it, thanks for the help guys!
Topic Starter
youva
I actually have another question, does 50's count as a miss? it feels like I don'T get perfect when I get 50's
A Moon Gust
50s don't count as a miss but I think if you get more than 1% 50s, you can't get an S. It is on the wiki somewhere.

Edit: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Standard#Grades
Topic Starter
youva
oh I see thanks!
rekhichem
play whatever you want and don't limit yourself , also don't forget to have fun :)