forum

Just changing my mouse and suddenly i got to noob mode?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Chitose-
My mouse before is "Logitech b100" and i'm using it almost 7 years (wat? rly?) i can reach 4.5-+ stars without miss with this mouse so that why i love this mouse now my mouse seems like broken... yeah like sometime when i click something like document suddenly the mouse detected it's double click so the document opened and i have to wait the loading screen to close the document (yeah it's really bothersome) so my brother tell me to changing my mouse but i just have 30$ for half month and in at the end i buy this mouse "Marvo G922" (which mean my pocket money burn within it T.T) i just pick some random mouse so i dunno it's actually not have official page (or i cannot find official page cause the language) well not really bad enough i really like the design to and it's really comfortable for playing any fps game :p but when i'm use it to play osu! i cannot reach A rank in insane 4.0 stars T.T the precision of this mouse is really bad i just can change the DPI to 250,750,1000,1250,1500,1750,2000,2500,3000,3500,4000 while my old mouse IMO have 1650 DPI (?) so what should i do now? just throw this shit until i can buy new one again or practice with it until my skill back?
AzureDoctor
It's because you lack the muscle memory with your new mouse. You will have to rebuild that muscle memory by playing often with your new mouse. Go back to the easier songs and play them with your new mouse, and eventually you will build the muscle memory to the point where you left off with your old mouse.

Hope this answers your question :)
Topic Starter
-Chitose-

Annika Flina wrote:

It's because you lack the muscle memory with your new mouse. You will have to rebuild that muscle memory by playing often with your new mouse. Go back to the easier songs and play them with your new mouse, and eventually you will build the muscle memory to the point where you left off with your old mouse.

Hope this answers your question :)
so it's not because the DPI really weird or something related with mouse? *sigh... i'm glad it's not because my new mouse but i wonder is there a way to change the DPI a little bit manually like 750 to 751?
N0thingSpecial
You're probably gonna need to change in game sensitivity to achieve your desired sensitivity
AmaiHachimitsu
The sensitivity is calculated through DPI, Windows sens (if not raw input) and osu! resolution.
Try using this http://jsfiddle.net/an789d4s/embedded/result/
Input your older settings and remember the play area.
Then input your new settings and try to find one which play area is the closest to the older one. Try to avoid being forced to change windows/osu! sensitivity. The best option is for them to be at default. If anything, you can lower osu! sensitivity, shouldn't bring much harm.

Your mouse is, frankly speaking, shitty. You could buy a high-tier (performance wise) mouse for this money, even a new one. Avago 3050 is an entry-level sensor so while it shouldn't be an obstacle to become relatively good at the game, it lacks lot of quality.

Other than that, even with similar "true" sensitivity, different mice can feel different because of the weight and size. You need to get used to it and I'd recommend doing just that. If you really feel there is something off, try ticking the raw input off.
Topic Starter
-Chitose-

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

The sensitivity is calculated through DPI, Windows sens (if not raw input) and osu! resolution.
Try using this http://jsfiddle.net/an789d4s/embedded/result/
Input your older settings and remember the play area.
Then input your new settings and try to find one which play area is the closest to the older one. Try to avoid being forced to change windows/osu! sensitivity. The best option is for them to be at default. If anything, you can lower osu! sensitivity, shouldn't bring much harm.
Try to adjust it and yeah it's feel little different now :D

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

You could buy a high-tier (performance wise) mouse for this money
What mouse i can buy with only 30$? sorry but i didn't really know about mouse :P

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Other than that, even with similar "true" sensitivity, different mice can feel different because of the weight and size. You need to get used to it and I'd recommend doing just that. If you really feel there is something off, try ticking the raw input off.
The raw input is off in the first time... well i'll try to get used thanks for your advice :)