forum

A Skin That Changes Color?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
honordevs
I just thought it would be really really cool if a skin changed color based on your combo. Instead of a combo burst maybe?

I was recently playing with "Rooney-Chan's Skin" and during one of the combos a voice says, "This is boring..." which made be think, "It would be REALLY awesome if the voice said that and changed up the colors a bit to fix her "boredom"

i.e. "This is boring... Let's spice things up!"
*Skin hit-circles change color from blue to yellow or red*

If someone had already suggested this, I apologize in advance; just thought it would be an awesome way to make Osu! look more interesting and have friends say, "Wow! what just happened?" :)

Rooney-Chan's Skin for those of you who are curious --> https://osuskins.info/skin?s=804
Bara-
Mappers set the colors of the notes, I don't think it'd be fine if you'd just randomly change it. Or are you talking about the other elements shifting in color as well (HP bar/Score/Accuracy?)
Anyways, this seems more suited for 'Feature Requests', since you are requesting a new feature (for skinners)
Topic Starter
honordevs
I thought it was the skinners that set the color of the notes? Mappers can only "start a new combo" AKA a BW number sequence which triggers alternating colors. Unless I'm wrong, which I very well could be. I know Cookiezi's skin alternates between 2 colors based on combo.

And I meant for everything to change.

Have you ever played the game Cubefield? Play that, I meant for a skin to change color exactly like that game does.
- Nao Tomori -
for a Skinner is pretty impossible to make a skin which changes hitcircle's color depending of combo,
but if peppy-sama will add a new feature, that may make osu funnier
Cookiezi's skin alternates 2 colors depending of combo start which is set by mapper
Topic Starter
honordevs
Dang, well then that answers my question. I was hoping there was a way to code it so that instead of a "Combo burst" the skin would change color at X combo. Like the combo burst triggering another skin/color instead of picture. Thanks for the answers guys.
Bara-
Mappers set the colors, however you can disable it by going into visual setting (pause a map and go to the bottom of the screen) and disable the skin

Then in the skin.ini, under [colours] it has the values for your circles, which are used if
- A map doesn't have custom colours
- You disabled skin on a map with custom colours
Akseli
I agree this would be cool. This feature could be used if :
The skinner made the choice to use it
The map doesn't have custom colors
Custom skins are disabled if the map has custom colors.

I also like the idea of changing score and scorebar colors
amiguito123

- Nao Tomori - wrote:

for a Skinner is pretty impossible to make a skin which changes hitcircle's color depending of combo,
but if peppy-sama will add a new feature, that may make osu funnier
Cookiezi's skin alternates 2 colors depending of combo start which is set by mapper