forum

Approach circles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
youva
Hey guys,

So I've been playing osu for a little bit now and I was wondering do people look at the approach circles when the AR is high. I wonder if people just feel the beat of the music and play by it, or do they actually look at the circles.

Thanks!
I Give Up
I do since it helps with peripheral vision and I suck at HD.
Xyrus_old_1
Yes.
Paneiru
Yes, otherwise i would play hidden.
mulraf
hmm... actually not that easy to answer for me since obviously as the other ones stated when you don't need the approach circles you play hidden (which i actually do a lot lately). but i wouldn't really call it look at either. idk. it's kind of a mixture for me i guess. i'd rather call it something like perceive than look at? idk. they help a bit but mostly a.) as a stronger visualizer (e.g. at hidden maps some sliders aren't starting where you expect them too but from the other side and in that short time where you see where they begin i don't always see it fast enough or for example two stacked notes which are really behind each other and not even slightly delayed. i guess the hit circles really help a lot at such situations. b.) at slower parts of the song where you aren't really into the rhytm as much.on the other hand obviously i can't read every hitcircle in a 200 bpm deathstream, you need to feel the rhythm there i guess. so yeah, they help. i do see them. but i don't try to click when they actually hit the border of the hitcircle and concentrate on that or think about it.
7ambda
You desensitize yourself to it.
mizuki-chan
Everything below AR9 - "semi watch" at approach circles
AR9 or higher - only focus on hitcircle appearing except for slow part with just 1 circle after another (like said above when there is no rythm or like a breakdown from action)
timemon
I watch each approach circles individually. especially on slow notes.

I play AR10 only though
Snow901
I've started practicing this recently and noticed improvement in avoiding combo breaks from hitting notes too soon.
Topic Starter
youva
I've been trying to pay attention to approach circles and it did help alot ! but I agree that sometimes it's like not optimal to look at them in fast paced moments or songs. Thanks for the answers guys!
mizuki-chan

youva wrote:

I've been trying to pay attention to approach circles and it did help alot ! but I agree that sometimes it's like not optimal to look at them in fast paced moments or songs. Thanks for the answers guys!
im playing this game for 3 months now already (more or less active) but i still try to mix and match how i look at circles in certain maps.
everyone has its own "style" i guess. its the same with mouse/pen grips, cursor sensivity ect...
your reading of maps/circles will come automatically when playing more and more
Topic Starter
youva

mizuki-chan wrote:

youva wrote:

im playing this game for 3 months now already (more or less active) but i still try to mix and match how i look at circles in certain maps.
everyone has its own "style" i guess. its the same with mouse/pen grips, cursor sensivity ect...
your reading of maps/circles will come automatically when playing more and more

that makes alot of sense! the progress you made in 3 months is really impressive though, that's insane! I guess I'll figure my way of playing with time then. I'm in vacation right now so I don't have my setup to play, so it's going to be quite hard to get a good consistency back! anyways thank you for the tips, they are very helpful!